Dr. Anthony Gustin is a board-certified sports chiropractor, functional medicine practitioner, entrepreneur, podcast host, and founder of Perfect Keto.
Help! I’m losing my hair on a ketogenic diet. Does that mean I have to stop?
Is a carnivore diet better than keto?
What happens when you go off keto while traveling?
If these questions have been on your mind since starting a ketogenic diet, this podcast episode will finally give you some answers.
Alex Cunningham, our Head of Partnerships, and I are sitting down for our third Q&A episode where we’ll dive into 10 more of your top keto questions.It’s hard to be in tune with your body. You need to start with eating real food. Click To Tweet
We’ll cover topics surrounding sun exposure, keto hair loss, my updated view on the carnivore diet and whether or not I’d do it again, micronutrients, bloodwork on a carnivore diet, and so much more.
I’ll even tackle some off-keto topics such as the goal and future vision of Perfect Keto and my advice for anyone who is considering starting their own business.
Here’s a complete rundown of everything Alex and I chat about in this episode:
- What should I do about losing my hair on keto?
- The common causes of hair loss on a ketogenic diet
- Who is usually affected by hair loss on keto
- The ultimate goal and future of Perfect Keto
- What advice would you give to someone just starting out with a new business?
- Do you need to find market opportunities before starting one?
- Do you need a certain amount of money?
- Why you should take this approach when starting a business
- What’s considered a healthy amount of sun exposure?
- My golden rule on sun exposure plus my take on sunscreen
- Does your diet play a role in sun exposure and protection?
- Sunscreen, sun exposure, and whether or not these are connected to cancer
- What a sunburn is really telling you and what happens when you’ve gone too far into the sunburned zone
- How to safely enjoy an entire day out in the sun without ruining your health
- Is morning sun exposure any safer?
- How one antioxidant in particular helps your skin cells deal with sun exposure
- My up-to-date opinion on the carnivore diet
- Nutrient deficiencies on the carnivore diet and how this changes both in the short and long-term
- Does your body keep a reserve of micronutrients?
- What I recommend adding in if you are going to try the carnivore diet
- Why I always listen to what my body wants
- My thoughts on going from the Standard American Diet (SAD) to carnivore
- The first step anyone should take when going on any diet
- What I learned about myself when I tried the carnivore diet
- Why definitives and blanket statements about nutrition are never a good thing
- Should you try a carnivore diet without getting bloodwork done first?
- Would a 95/5 carnivore diet to keto ratio be better than doing just keto alone?
- The simple fundamentals of a healthy nutrition plan
- How Alex and I felt after going off of keto for a bit while in Thailand
- What happened to my appetite when I started including more carbs into my diet
- Why it was actually easy to eat keto in Thailand and the foods I avoided
- The three keto staples we made sure to give our chefs on our retreat in Thailand
- Why I also took a local approach to eating and even ate mango sticky rice more than once
- Whether or not I fasted while traveling
- My thoughts on keto once I returned from my trip
- Alex’s experience with staying on keto in Thailand, including all of the side effects he went through
- What happened to my hunger and satiety hormones in Thailand
Listen To This Episode
Mentioned in This Episode
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 035: Chris Irvin – Keto Plateaus: Everything You Need to Know to Bust Through Them
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 036: Ali Miller – How Your Diet Influences Your Stress & Anxiety + What To Do About It
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 026: Dr. Michael Ruscio – Fixing Your Gut Health And The Truth About Fiber and Bacteria
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 038: Jeff Nobbs – The Ugly Truth About Vegetable Oils
- Perfect Keto Blood Sugar Support Capsules
- Perfect Keto Exogenous Base
- Keto Hair Loss: 6 Reasons Why It’s Happening + How to Prevent It
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 033: Chris Masterjohn – Why Micronutrients Matter As Much As Macros On Keto
- Is Too Much Protein Bad for Ketosis?
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 034: Dr. Anthony Gustin – (Q&A #1) – Food Additives in Health Foods, My Go-To Supplements, and Why Ketone Levels Are Overrated
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 039: Dr. Anthony Gustin – (Q&A #2) – Exogenous Ketones, MCT Oil, and Fat Burning, Drinking On Keto, and Making Organ Meat Taste Delicious
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 019: Dr. Shawn Baker – Busting Myths About The Carnivore Diet and How to Thrive On Meat
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 028: Dr. Anthony Gustin – My Carnivore Diet Results and Q&A