Dr. Anthony Gustin is a board-certified sports chiropractor, functional medicine practitioner, entrepreneur, podcast host, and founder of Perfect Keto.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could improve your health in less time?
I’m not talking about using quick weight loss strategies and fake detoxes that don’t work.
Rather, I’m referring to biohacking your health, or as my guest Ben Greenfield puts it, it’s where you take one thing and make it more powerful or more concentrated while decreasing the time it takes doing it.
Biohacking is something most of us could use.
But the question is, how do we go about doing it?
That’s where Ben — who has over 400k followers on his social media channels — comes in with this episode on biohacking your health.
See, Ben’s a professional obstacle course racer, best-selling author, and coach to some of the world’s top CEOs, chefs, biohackers, poker players, and professional athletes alike.
He’s also a relentless self-experimenter and biohacker who has trained with navy SEALS, competed in open water swims, mountain runs, and adventure races all while trying to maintain an insanely busy lifestyle writing books, creating podcasts, and taking care of his twin boys.And that’s not all.
Ben has even competed as one of the top ranked amateur triathletes in the world, where he’s tackled over 120 races and 12 Ironman triathlons while racing for the elite Team Timex multisport team.
He’s also won a gold medal for the US in long course triathlon and has led squads of swim, bike, and run enthusiasts in guided adventures through Hawaii, Thailand, Japan and beyond.
Did I mention he’s also landed on the world’s top 100 list for most influential people in health and fitness twice?
So how does he do it all and manage to stay present and focused?
That’s exactly what he shares in this podcast episode.
Ben and I chat about everything from what biohacking is, the strategies he’s found to be the most effective and can be done in the smallest pockets of time, and where he sees the future trending in this space.
A lot of these things affect the mitochondria -- light, heat, cold, grounding, earthing. Click To Tweet We also dive into hacks to improve your performance for races, the best tech he recommends for tracking your efforts, and what’s moved the needle the most for him in terms of health and performance.
We cover a ton of ground in this episode including everything on this list (and more!):
- Ben Greenfield’s background and how he got to this point
- The original biohackers and what we’re now using from them
- The tests Ben recommends — and the frequency — so you can keep a better eye on your health and see what’s working/not working
- The top tech tools he swears by for better health and wellness
- What moved the needle the most for him in terms of his health and performance
- We’ll also dive into light therapy and photobiomodulation
- His morning routine to improve his focus, mood, and cognitive function
- The tools he travels with to counteract inflammation and toxins from traveling
- Ben’s go-to therapy for decreasing joint inflammation
- He’ll also share some of his best hacks for improving performance before and during races
- We’ll also tackle temperature control therapy and the benefits of cold showers and infrared saunas
- The type of water he drinks and why
- How to find the time to weave healthy rituals into your busy day
- Ben also dives into his morning, evening, and weekly skincare routine
- Stem cells, exosomes, and cancer growth
- Anti-aging and stem cells
- How long Ben typically fasts for and his best sources of protein and fat
- What he focuses on now since he doesn’t compete in Ironmans
- What his training is like, including the specific exercises that are always in his routine and his workout split
- More about peptides — what they are and how to use them safely
- Ben also talks about his sleep strategies and how he uses CBD for sleep
Listen To This Episode
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the Keto Answers Podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Ben Greenfield’s website
- Ben Greenfield’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube channel
- Ben’s Nature Beat App
- WellnessFX blood analysis testing
- Joovv Light, red light therapy
- Human Charger
- Vielight and How To Use Low Level Light Therapy and Intranasal Light Therapy For Athletic Performance, Cognitive Enhancement & More
- Body Electric mentioned
- Trusii hydrogen water tabs
- Molecular Hydrogen Foundation and Tyler Lebaron
- New Man Revolution natural shower products
- Alitura Naturals moisturizer and Four Sigmatic moisturizer
- Onit natural soaps
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 030: Dr. John Limansky – Biohacking: Transforming Your Health Through Better Habits
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 015: Tony Wrighton – Biohacking For a Happier and Healthier Life
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 042: Scott Nelson – What Science Says About Red Light Therapy Or Photobiomodulation
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 053: Dr. Daniel Pompa – Why Most Detoxes Are Bogus, Mercury Poisoning, Autophagy, and How to Create New Stem Cells
- Benefits of Fasting on Keto