Keto pancakes?! You read that correctly! Using pastured eggs, a collagen-based protein supplement that is only sweetened with stevia, and a little coconut flour, these fluffy chocolate pancakes with blueberry butter will satisfy your appetite and fit into your macros. Here’s another delicious keto-friendly breakfast!
What is Collagen?
Collagen is a protein produced by our bodies and is what holds our body together. It is necessary for healthy skin, hair, nail, bones and connective tissue. However, once we reach our mid-20s, our collagen production declines. This is when you’ll start to see the aging process kick in with wrinkles and fine lines. Conditions like osteoarthritis are also highly associated with collagen decline, so it’s important to find good sources of collagen in your diet. So, what kind of foods should we look for? Here’s a list of foods that will boost your collagen production:
- Grass-fed meat
- Omega-3 rich fish
- Dark green vegetables
- Red fruits and vegetables
- Citrus fruits
Bonus: No need for added sweeteners in these pancakes! Other than protein and delicious chocolate flavor, adding chocolate collagen peptide, like our Keto Collagen with MCT, will sweeten the batter. Check out When and How to Use Perfect Keto Collagen, and let us know if you come up with new ways to use it in the comments below! 🙂
Fun Fact of the Day
Wild blueberries, which are usually found in the freezer aisle are actually more nutrient dense. Forager tip: the smaller the blueberry, the more nutrient dense. Wild berries tend to be smaller than their farmed counterparts!Print
Chocolate Pancakes with Blueberry Butter
Keto pancakes?! Yes! Not only will these chocolate pancakes with blueberry butter turn out fluffy, they will satisfy your appetite and fit into your macros!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes-10 minutes
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: British
- 4 large pastured eggs
- 3 tbsp. MCT oil or liquid coconut oil
- 1 scoop Chocolate Collagen Protein
- 1/4 scant cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp. Kerry Gold butter for cooking
- 2 tbsp. Kerry Gold butter
- 3 tbsp. frozen wild blueberries
- Set a large cast iron skillet to heat on medium heat.
- In the meantime whisk the MCT oil and the eggs together. Add in the coconut flour, protein, baking soda and pinch of salt. Mix until smooth. The batter will be thick.
- Once the skillet has come to temperature add the tablespoon of butter.
- Pour the batter on to the skillet. Will make 4 2/3 cup pancakes. Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes a side.
- These bad boys will be tall. After you flip them once, flip them again and gently press down a bit to make sure the middle is fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- In a small sauce pot, add the blueberries, cook until they thaw and the fluid begins to simmer. Add in the butter and mix and mash until the blueberries are completely softened.
- Serve your pancakes and spoon buttery blueberry mix all over them. Enjoy!
- Calories: 611
- Fat: 50
- Carbohydrates: 11.5
- Protein: 26.6
Keywords: chocolate pancakes blueberry butter
7 thoughts on “Chocolate Pancakes with Blueberry Butter”
What do you mean as served? How many pancakes and what size? Is this into chart for the entire batter ?
Hello Gail! Recipes makes 2 servings, macros are PER SERVING.
Hi, oops think there is a typo Total Carbohydrates = 300g. they sound yummy, but I do see that actually they are 11.5g per serve, phew
Been on Keto diet for 2 weeks now. I thought I was suppose to keep carbs at no more than 20g per day. With these recipes, I would go way over. Explain, please.
Never mind, I just read wrong. Thanks!
I have flavorless collagen protein powder, how would I make this work? Could I add cocoa powder?
Hi Tawnee, you can mix your Keto Collagen Protein powder with smoothies, drinks, or coffee to make it taste better or you can try adding it to your favorite recipes.