If you’re following a keto diet, the holidays can be tough. With the constant barrage of baked goods and holiday treats, the temptation to lose sight of your goals can be difficult to resist. Just like these keto brownies with peppermint crunch, there are a ton of keto-friendly Christmas recipes so you don’t feel too left out.
These brownies are simple and the only decoration necessary is yummy peppermint crunch.
The main ingredients include:
- Low carb chocolate bar
- Coconut oil
- Coconut flower
- Cacao powder
Peppermint Crunch Ingredients:
- Peppermint extract
You’ll get eight brownies with each serving including 18 grams of fat, 6 grams of net carbs and 5 grams of protein so you can enjoy your sweets while maintaining ketosis. So what is included in these delicious brownies that make them perfect for the keto diet?
One of the main ingredients in these brownies includes cacao powder which comes from cacao beans. These beans are one of the best magnesium-rich foods.
Magnesium is key to muscle and nerve function. BMC Bioinformatics published a study that discovered 3,751 magnesium binding sites. The major functions of magnesium include:
- Energy metabolism
- Neurotransmitter release
- Protein synthesis
- Nerve function
- Production of particular antioxidants
Dark chocolate is another great source of magnesium that can be added to these brownies to a little extra chocolate flavor.Print
Keto Brownies with Peppermint Crunch
Don’t stress out about your upcoming holiday parties. These delicious keto brownies with peppermint crunch will satisfy any group of holiday guests!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 brownies
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
- 1 4oz low carb chocolate bar (Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Baking Bar)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or softened butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 scant cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons stevia or monk fruit
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pili nuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon stevia or monk fruit
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- You will need a small loaf pan (8×4) and parchment paper.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper, and pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Chop up the chocolate and combine half of it with the coconut oil. Set the rest aside.
- Microwave the chocolate and coconut oil for 30 seconds to melt. Stir until smooth.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, slowly pour in the melted chocolate mix while you whisk the eggs until thick and combined. Doesn’t have to be totally smooth. Use a spatula to scrape any left-over chocolate in there.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients into a separate bowl then add in the wet mix and use a spatula to fold it all together until the batter is thick and dark brown. Fold in the rest of the chopped chocolate.
- Use the spatula to scrape all of the batter into the loaf pan and smooth it out.
- Chop up the nuts and mix in a small bowl with the cinnamon, sweetener and peppermint. Then spoon it over the brownie batter.
- Place in the center rack and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean when inserted in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Lift up the brownie by the parchment paper and place on a cutting board. Cut in to 8 even squares.
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: Sugar Alcohols 3g
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: keto brownies peppermint crunch