Dr. Anthony Gustin is a board-certified sports chiropractor, functional medicine practitioner, entrepreneur, podcast host, and founder of Perfect Keto.
She started out skeptical of keto.
But after some convincing, Adee Zukier Cazayoux, CEO and founder of a nutritional coaching company called Working Against Gravity, finally gave it a shot by going through a 90-day trial to test the waters.
Less than two months in and she’s eating more calories and has lost 8 pounds of body fat.
And she feels better than ever.
Despite these amazing results, Adee doesn’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to nutrition, which means she doesn’t push keto on her clients.
So what does she promote?
Find out in this podcast episode where she dives into her dogma-free nutritional philosophies found in her coaching program.One of the biggest mistakes I see people make in terms of nutrition is you only have this one big goal and that’s all you focus on. Click To Tweet
Adee — who has 51k followers on her personal account and over 100k followers on her nutritional coaching platforms on YouTube, Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram combined — also shares her journey of how she lost 50 pounds at the age of 16 to eventually competing in Olympic-style weightlifting competitions.
We’ll also cover the following topics:
- Adee Zukier Cazayoux’s background and how she ended up becoming a successful nutrition coach
- What a nutritionist taught her at the age of 16, which helped her lose 50 pounds
- Why Adee believes everyone should work with coaches, including people who don’t train for competitions, and why she continues to use coaches to reach her exercise and nutrition goals, despite having a background in the latter
- Adee also gives a peek inside her nutritional program’s main principles and philosophies
- The biggest lessons Adee has learned about nutrition all these years
- How Adee got into nutritional coaching
- Why you should change your nutritional goals overtime
- Her dogma-free approach to whether a food is on or off limits
- The final straw that made Adee try keto for 90 days
- Her keto update, including how she’s feeling, her current and former macro breakdown, and how her calorie intake has changed since being on keto
- The surprising side effects Adee experienced on keto
- The downsides she also went through and what she would do differently
- Why you should take electrolytes seriously on keto
- The big difference Adee sees when coaching men versus women
- Why you should consider testing things for a few months to see how your body reacts
- Why lofty goals are not a good idea and what to do instead
Listen To This Episode
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the Keto Answers Podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Adee Zukier Cazayoux’s website
- Adee Zukier Cazayoux’s personal Instagram and Twitter, her Working Against Gravity Instagram (WAG), WAG Facebook, WAG Pinterest, and WAG YouTube channel
- Gretchen Rubin’s Four Tendencies
- Adee Zukier Cazayoux’s Keto Coaching Program
- Adee Zukier Cazayoux’s keto journal
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 009: Dr. Mike T Nelson – Metabolic Flexibility and How To Choose the Best Fuel for Your Goals
- How to Exercise When You’re in Ketosis
- How Much Fat Should You Eat on a Ketogenic Diet?
- Keto Electrolytes 101: How to Avoid Imbalances & Dehydration on Keto
- 9 Essential Keto Tips For Beginners
- How to Fix the Biggest Keto Mistakes
- Complete Keto Exercise Plan For Keto Beginners