Almond Butter Keto Pop Tarts with Coconut Butter Frosting
- Author: Steph Lodge
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
For the filling:
For the icing:
For the crust:
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour and coconut flour.
- Cut the butter into small squares and add it to the dry ingredients. Press the butter into the flour using two forks until it’s mixed as best you can.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a hand mixer on high and then pour it into the flour to mix.
- Blend by hand until you get a dough-like consistency.
- Ball it together with your hands and wrap it tightly with cling wrap. Store in the fridge or freezer for about an hour.
- While that chills, prepare the almond butter. Melt it slightly.
- After about 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Cut out circles of the dough using the top of a cup (should have a total of 12 circles to make 6 pop tarts).
- Place 6 circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Take a tablespoon of the melted almond butter and dab a little on each circle of dough.
- Cover the circles with a second layer of dough.
- Take a fork and going along the edges of the circles, gently press down to create a seal between the two pieces.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes (or until the edges become golden brown).
- While waiting for the pop tarts to bake, melt the coconut butter.
- Once the pop tarts are done, take them out and dab the melted coconut butter evenly on top of all 6 of the treats.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 423
- Fat: 40g
- Carbohydrates: 8.6g (Net Carbs: 3.9g)
- Protein: 8.6g