Caramelized Onion and Kale Frittata
This onion and kale frittata is perfect for any weekend brunch or meal prep. Make it ahead on a Sunday night so you’ll have breakfast ready all week!
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 large slices 1x
- 1 large yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 cup kale of choice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk or cream of choice
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and melt butter. Add sliced onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper.
- Cook onions for 7-10 minutes until cartelized and golden brown. Add a few tablespoons of water at a time if pan gets dry to prevent burning.
- Add kale and cook with onions for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Remove pan from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and coat a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick spray or butter.
- Add eggs, milk, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of pepper to a high-speed blender or large bowl. Mix well until light and fluffy.
- Add onions and kale to prepared pan in an even layer. Pour egg mixture onto onions. Bake for 25-30 minutes until top is golden brown and eggs are just set.
- Option to add shredded cheese for even more flavor.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 173
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 3g (2g net)
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: Onion and Kale Frittata