Perfect Keto Bone Broth
Know the difference between bone broth and just regular chicken stock? Our Perfect Keto bone broth is just what your body needs to crush inflammation.
- Author: Cristina Curp
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 23 hours
- Total Time: 24 hours
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Soups and Stews
- Cuisine: American
- 3 Pastured Chicken Carcasses (or 4 lbs pastured animal bones)
- 10 cups of filtered water
- 2 tbsp. peppercorns
- 1 lemon
- 3 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Place bones on a sheet pan and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Next, transfer them to the bowl of your slow cooker (or electric pressure cooker).
- Add in the peppercorns, bay leaves, apple cider vinegar and water.
- Cook on low for 24-48 hours.
- *For pressure cooking, cook on high for 2 hours, then change the pressure cooker function to slow cook and cook on low for 12 hours.
- When done, place a fine mesh sieve or strainer over a large bowl or pitcher. Carefully strain broth.
- Discard the bones, bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Distribute the broth between three mason jars, about 2 cups each.
- Mix in 1 tsp of turmeric to each jar and add 1-2 slices of lemon.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To heat, gently simmer stove top with a lemon slice.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Protein: 6
Keywords: Keto Bone Broth