Spring Keto Stew with Venison
Is it springtime yet? I think our Spring Keto Stew with Venison qualifies. This Perfect Keto favorite will keep you warm and ready to dominate.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soups and Stews
- Cuisine: American
- 1lb stew meat, venison
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 1 bulb elephant garlic
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cups bone broth
- 2 cups chopped thin asparagus
- 2 bay leaves
- Peel the elephant garlic and slice into 1/8 inch thin slices.
- Slice the cabbage and the celery.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil or butter.
- Add in the garlic, celery, bay leaves and cabbage. Sauté until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add in the venison, salt and pepper. Stir until the meat is browned.
- Transfer everything to a slow cooker.
- Add in the bone broth and set to cook on low for 6 hours.
- When done, add in the chopped up asparagus and stir well.
- Serve with a healthy olive oil drizzle and lime!
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Protein: 32
Keywords: Spring Keto Stew