You will need a hand mixer, loaf pan and parchment paper
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the almond meal, baking powder and salt.
- While still mixing, drizzle in the avocado oil until a crumbly dough forms. Make a well (small hole) in the dough.
- Crack the eggs open into the well. Add in the water and beat together, making small circles with your mixer in the eggs until light yellow and frothy. Then begin making bigger circles to incorporate the almond meal mix into it. Keep mixing like this until it looks like pancake batter. Smooth, light and thick.
- Pour the mix into the loaf pan, use a spatula to scrape it all out. Sprinkle the poppy seeds on top. Bake for 40 minutes in the center rack. It will be hard to the touch, elevated and golden brown when done.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 30 minutes to cool. Then unmold and slice it.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days. Toast to heat!