- Fill a pot with water and place on the stove.
- Place broken up pieces of cauliflower in the water and bring to a boil.
- Once it reaches a boil, bring down to let simmer for 12-15 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Drain the cauliflower and place in a large bowl.
- Use a masher to get the cauliflower to your desired consistency.
- Add in milk, butter, and cheese and blend together.
You can serve it like this, or continue on to the following steps:
- Set oven to broil.
- Place mashed cauliflower in baking pan or skillet and then top with parmesan.
- Broil on high until the parmesan begins to crisp.