Crispy Skin Salmon with Pesto Cauliflower Rice
Keep the stove time to a minimum and those good healthy fats to a maximum with this crispy skin salmon with pesto cauliflower rice recipe!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- Add coconut aminos, fish sauce and olive oil to a dish.
- Pat your salmon filets dry and place meat side down on the marinade.
- Sprinkle the skin with a little salt. Let them sit for 20 minutes while you prep the rest of the meal.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Peel and dice your garlic, add it to the bowl of a blender or food processor. Add in the basil, hemp hearts, lemon juice, salt, olive oil and MCT powder. Pulse to combine.
- In a skillet, heat your cauliflower rice to thaw. Add a few spoonfuls of the pesto you just made, sprinkle with a little pink salt and stir it in. Lower the heat and keep it warm while you cook the salmon.
- Once your cast iron has come to temperature, add in the butter. Let it melt and spread it evenly over the skillet.
- Place your salmon skin side down in the skillet. Cook here for about five minutes, until the edges of the meat begin to look cooked. If your salmon fillets are thick, it will take a little bit longer. Flip your salmon over and pour in the rest of the marinade from the plate. Sear here for one to two minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve over pesto cauliflower rice.
- Calories: 647
- Fat: 51
- Carbohydrates: 10.1 (net)
- Protein: 33.8
Keywords: crispy skin salmon pesto cauliflower rice