Spicy Italian Keto Stuffed Peppers
These low-carb keto stuffed peppers are loaded with classic Italian flavors and make for the best quick and easy weeknight meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 stuffed peppers 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 lb spicy Italian style ground sausage
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 large bell peppers (split in half)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Add olive oil to a large pan set to medium heat. Brown Italian sausage for 3-4 minutes.
- Add onions, mushrooms, riced cauliflower, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning until vegetables are mostly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and broth. Stir well to combined. Simmer filling for 8-10 minutes under low-medium heat.
- Stir in parmesan cheese. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Slice peppers in half (lengthwise) and scoop in filling. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes until tops are golden brown. Garnish with fresh basil.
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed pepper
- Calories: 298
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 8g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: italian keto stuffed peppers