Slow Cooker Keto Taco Soup
One of the best kitchen tools is a slow cooker or Crock Pot. This yummy and hearty keto taco soup is flavorful and has all the nutrients locked in for a hearty, low-carb meal.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 packages of 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cans of 10 oz. diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 3 cups beef broth or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Optional toppings for garnish
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium jalapeño, thinly sliced
- sliced avocado
- In a large pan over medium heat, saute ground beef until fully browned. Once cooked, drain the grease.
- In the slow cooker, add beef, spices, cream cheese, and diced tomatoes with green chilis. Stir to combine.
- Once combined, pour in beef broth and heavy cream. Stir well.
- Set slow cooker to low for 4 hours.
- Serve in bowls and top with desired garnishes.
The red pepper flakes, dried oregano, paprika and cumin can be replaced by 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning if you’re in a pinch.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 398
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5g (Net: 6.9g)
- Protein: 28.5