5 Things to Know About Mallow Munch
- Mallow Munch contains no rice or any other grains like oats, barley and wheat.
- Perfect Keto Mallow Munch is soy-free and gluten free.
- Each Mallow Munch bar contains 2 grams of net carbs, 3-3.5 grams of fat, 8-9 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber, and only 80 calories.
- Mallow Munch comes in three flavors: Marshmallow, Chocolate, and Peanut Butter.
- Mallow Munch doesn’t contain any added sugar, artificial ingredients, vegetable oils, or fillers.
Why Use Mallow Munch Bars?
Rice krispies are made from rice, a food that is about 21% carbohydrates. To make matters worse, during processing to make rice krispies, the carb content further increases as the rice is dried.
If you were to eat just one medium-sized rice krispies bar, you would consume almost all your daily net carbs at one meal.
You may decide to do away with traditional rice krispies and opt for low carb crispy treats instead. However, we have learned that many of them either aren’t keto-friendly or they taste nothing like the original rice krispies treats we all know and love.
We have developed Perfect Keto Mallow Munch to give the same or even better rice krispies experience without all the carbs and artificial ingredients. Our Mallow crunchies have been designed to hit the right balance between a sweet decadent treat and a healthy filling snack.
We also made sure that the bars are more affordable compared to other premium low-carb bars. If you make a single purchase, a bar starts at $2.75/ bar and if you subscribe to scheduled deliveries, each bar starts at $2.20.
How to Enjoy Mallow Munch
We tried to make our keto crispy treats as convenient as possible so you can enjoy them anytime anywhere.
How do I Eat a Mallow Munch Bar?
Mallow Munch Bars are made ready to eat straight out of the pack. Simply unwrap the bar and enjoy.
When Should I Eat Mallow Munch?
You can eat Mallow Munch at any time you feel like a sweet decadent snack but here are a few of our suggestions:
- Breakfast time. Mallow Munch works well as a keto breakfast bar, especially when you are short on time to prepare a meal.
- In the afternoon between meals.
- On the go. This can be in your car or while waiting for a bus.
- Before, during, or after a workout.
- As dessert instead of a high sugar treat.
Where Can I Eat a Mallow Munch Bar?
Since Mallow Munch is ready to eat, you can eat it anywhere. That can be:
- At home
- At work
- At the gym
- In class
- At the airport
Who Can Use Mallow Munch?
Mallow Munch is made to fit every lifestyle but we think it will especially be great for you if you:
- Love rice krispy bars but would like a more nutritionally complete alternative
- Have a sweet tooth and want to snack better
- Are trying to keep blood sugar levels in check
- Are a busy professional or parent or both
- Are on a weight loss diet
- Are frequently on the move
Mallow Munch Bar Macros
Each Mallow Munch bar contains:
- 80 calories.
- 2 grams of net carbs.
- 3-3.5 grams of fat from the milk protein isolate, almond butter, and peanuts.
- 8-9 grams of protein from the milk protein isolate, almond butter, and peanuts.
- 6 grams of fiber from almond butter, peanuts, and soluble tapioca fiber.
How Does Mallow Munch Affect Ketosis and Blood Sugar?
Since Mallow Munch is so low in sugar, it has a very minimal effect on blood sugar and ketosis. You should be able to stay in ketosis even if you consume Mallow Munch everyday.
What’s Inside Mallow Munch?
We only use natural keto-friendly ingredients in our products. The ingredients in Mallow Munch are:
- Dairy protein Crisps (Milk Protein Isolate)
- Soluble Tapioca Fiber
- Almond butter
- Cocoa powder
- Natural Flavors
- Sea salt
- Monk Fruit Extract
- Stevia Extract
- Mixed tocopherols
Every ingredient in Mallow Munch pulls its weight. The main ingredients offer a wide range of health benefits such as:
Dairy Protein Crisps (Milk Protein Isolate)
- Milk Protein Isolate is a compound made by concentrating milk after removing non-protein substances like lactose and fat.
- After removing lactose and fat, the protein content of milk goes up to about 90%. This is why the isolate is such a great source of protein.
- The total carbohydrate content goes down to less than 3% with almost no lactose left. For this reason, milk protein isolate is very low-carb.
- Milk protein isolate also is more tolerable to those living with lactose intolerance since it barely contains any lactose.
- The process also increases the amount of calcium present in the isolate. This is why one bar of Mallow Munch gives 10% of the total calcium needs.
- Calcium is famous for its role in bone and teeth health but it is also essential for muscle contraction and cardiovascular function[*].
Soluble Tapioca Fiber
- Soluble tapioca fiber is a very keto-friendly sweetener and dietary fiber.
- It comes from tapioca starch but after processing, the end-product contains absolutely 0 net carbs.
- Soluble tapioca fiber is able to prevent sharp spikes in blood glucose levels by delaying stomach emptying due to its low digestibility[*].
- Almond butter is made by grinding almonds.
- It is a very good source of protein, fat, fiber, vitamin E, magnesium, and manganese. It is also one of the most keto-friendly nut butters with each tablespoon having only 1.6 grams of net carbs[*].
- Almond butter contains a variety of unsaturated fats the most notable of which are monounsaturated fats (MUFAs). MUFAs have been shown to enhance overall well-being, more specifically heart health[*].
- Several studies have shown that regular nut consumption has many health benefits including supporting normal blood glucose levels, fat loss, and heart health[*][*][*].
- Peanuts are a wonderful source of protein, fiber, fat, and minerals like magnesium[*].
- A lot of the fats present in peanuts are unsaturated fats.
- The fiber and protein in peanuts make them filling, helping you delay hunger after snacking.
- Protein is of course also essential for growth, repair, and maintenance of all body tissues.
- Fiber also has other roles which include supporting the gut microbiome and good heart health[*][*].
- Cocoa powder is obtained from cocoa beans and in its natural state, it is a very nutritious food with many health benefits.
- Regular consumption of cocoa has been found to support heart health[*].
- This is due to its antioxidant activity that comes from healthy compounds like catechins, anthocyanidins, and proanthocyanidins[*].
- Most of the carbs in cocoa are in the form of fiber which makes it very keto-friendly.
- Allulose is a sweetener very similar to sugar in structure.
- The two substances are however very different because unlike sugar, allulose can’t be metabolized for energy. About 80% of allulose is absorbed in the gut and when it gets to the blood it is passed out in urine.
- Since it isn’t broken down, it offers no calories and also doesn’t affect blood sugar levels[*].
- The allulose that stays in the gut resists fermentation by gut bacteria. This is why allulose doesn’t cause any of the digestive symptoms you may experience with other fermentable sweeteners like gas and bloating[*].
Monk Fruit Extract
- Monk fruit extract is a natural keto-friendly sweetener obtained from monk fruit.
- Monk fruit extract has a brilliant sweet taste that leaves no bitter aftertaste.
- It may also offer some health benefits due to its antioxidant capacity[*].
- Monk fruit is the ideal sweetener for keto and those watching their blood glucose levels because it doesn’t spike blood sugar or trigger an insulin response[*].
- Stevia is a natural low-carb sweetener extracted from the stevia plant.
- Stevia may also provide some health benefits due to the antioxidants present[*].
- It contains 0 carbs and doesn’t trigger an insulin response in the body[*].
- These are a mixture of different sources and types of vitamin E.
- Vitamin E is a very strong antioxidant which protects food from spoilage caused by oxygen exposure.
- Mixed tocopherols help to preserve the freshness of food.
What’s Not Inside Mallow Munch?
Despite the familiar crunch our bars have, they don’t contain any rice.
We don’t add any sugar to our products. Mallow bars have 0 grams of added sugar.
All the sweeteners in Mallow Munch are low-carb and have no significant effect on your blood sugar levels. Our keto crisp bars don’t contain any artificial sweeteners like aspartame and sucralose.
Mallow Munch doesn’t contain any soy or gluten.The present allergens are milk and nuts.
Artificial preservatives, flavors and colors
All our products rely on natural preservatives like mixed tocopherols. The same goes for flavors and absolutely no colors are added.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Mallow Munch
Is Mallow Munch made from rice krispies?
No, Mallow Munch isn’t made from rice krispies. The crunchy texture you get in the Perfect Keto’s low-carb crispy treats comes from dairy protein crisps that are made with milk protein isolate.
What makes Mallow Munch different from other keto breakfast bars?
What sets Mallow Munch and other Perfect Keto products apart from other low-carb products is the quality of ingredients and taste. Most keto crisp bars are made with low quality ingredients and those that are made with healthy ingredients usually don’t taste as good. You will find that our bars taste just as good or even better than traditional crisp bars even if they are made using only high quality ingredients.
Do Mallow Munch Bars contain real marshmallows?
No, Mallow Munch bars don’t contain any marshmallows.
Are Mallow Munch Bars Vegetarian or Vegan-Friendly?
Mallow Munch Bars contain milk which means they are vegetarian but not vegan.
How are Mallow Munch Bars only 2 grams of net carbs?
Mallow Munch Bars are only 2 net carbs because they don’t contain any grains or non-keto sweeteners. This is how the maths work:
13g Total Carbs – 6g Fiber – 5g Allulose – 0g Sugar Alcohol = 2g Net Carbs