Cashews Rule Everything Around Me – C.R.E.A.M.! Boy, who knew Wu-Tang Clan was so ahead of their time nutritionally :). All jokes aside, these low-carb lemon cashew cookies will have you nodding your head to the amazing taste and texture of these perfect fat bombs (as well as whatever music you have on in the kitchen).
Hannah from Healy Eats Real graciously sent us a batch of these cookies and we were blown away by how easy they are to make. Lemon cashew keto cookies meet all of our recipe requirements (convenience, flavor and keto-friendliness) which is why we are passing it along to you. Have these on deck at all times, they are great for gatherings or weekend treats!
Before you dive in, take a look at the one carb-containing ingredient in our recipe today: cashew butter. If you haven’t read our post on the Pros and Cons of Nuts on a Ketogenic Diet, definitely take a quick look. You’ll notice on the nuts spectrum, cashews are relatively high in carbohydrates. This means we need to buy only raw cashew butter with no added sugars, and be sure not to fly off the handle and eat a whole batch of these to ourselves (I say that from experience!)
You could also get creative and opt for a lower carb nut butter. Our favorite is anything with macadamias! Macadamia nuts are among the fattiest of all nuts and contain antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Over 80% of the fat in macadamia nuts is monounsaturated.
Low Carb Lemon Cashew Cookies
Cashews Rule Everything Around Me – C.R.E.A.M.! We guarantee you’ll be nodding your head to these low-carb lemon cashew cookies.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup Cashew Butter
- 2 Eggs
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6–10 drops Liquid Stevia (about 1/4 tsp powdered stevia)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Wash the lemon and dry it thoroughly. Use a fine grater to zest the lemon rind into a large bowl. Be sure to get the entire colorful outer layer of the lemon. Then cut open the lemon and squeeze the juice into the bowl being careful not to let any seeds in the bowl.
- Add the cashew butter, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and stevia to the bowl and mix with a fork or spoon until all of the ingredients are fully blended.
- The consistency will be like a thick viscous batter which is a bit thicker than nut butter, but a bit thinner than usual cookie dough. Take 12 small heaps of the batter and place onto a cookie sheet shaping into a cookie shape.
- Bake at 350° for about 10-15 minutes. Let cool before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Protein: 4
Keywords: low carb lemon cashew cookies