A classic Hawaiian dish remade Perfect Keto style with grain free coconut aminos, refreshing grapefruit and fat packed pili nuts.
So many people miss the cool citrus flavor from their diet when the go keto, but you don’t have to deprive yourself. When you are making this dish, the quality relies heavily on the freshness of the fish you use. Make sure your fish is a high-quality grade, doesn’t smell fishy, and you eat it very soon after you purchase it. We are all about quality here at Perfect Keto. If you need a guide for how to source the best seafood I’ve gotcha covered in my Source Matters Series: How to Buy Healthy Seafood.
It’s incredibly important to incorporate fish into your quality ketogenic diet. Fish are chock full of omega-3 fatty acids which have too many benefits to get into here but trust that getting your fish will help the performance of your brain and digestive system, which leads directly to better mood, lower inflammation and cognitive functioning.
Side note – it’s pronounced “POH-keh” – but I’m sure you already knew that! 🙂
Keto Poke with Ahi Tuna and Citrus
The simplest keto poke with Ahi Tuna you’ve ever had. Don’t deprive yourself of citrus flavor. Remake this classic Hawaiian dish Perfect Keto style.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: Hawaiian
- 8oz Yellow Fin Tuna (Ahi Tuna) Fillet
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 5 sprigs cilantro or Italian parsley (about 1/4 cup chopped)
- 1/2 Haas avocado
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup pili nuts
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 ruby red grapefruit
- Cut your ahi into ¼ inch cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the coconut aminos, sesame oil and salt. Gently toss.
- Halve your grapefruit and cut out the sections, add them to your bowl.
- Mince your cilantro, add it to the bowl.
- Chop your pili nuts, dice your avocado, add both to the bowl.
- Gently toss to combine everything.
- Divide the ahi mix between two bowls and garnish with sesame seeds. Viola!
- Calories: 445
- Fat: 33
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Protein: 39
Keywords: keto poke ahi tuna citrus