While bread may be the preferred carb of choice for many people, sinking your teeth into a slice of toast isn’t ideal for a ketogenic diet. Luckily we have an outstanding alternative that will leave you feeling great about your low carb lifestyle. Boasting only 4 net carbs and less than 200 calories per slice, this delicious bread is worth the minimal time spent in the kitchen making it! Made with a mixture of almond flour, coconut flour, and a few other simple ingredients this bread is a delicious and healthy choice for everyone in your family!
Who would have ever thought that making bread weekly would be something we would do in this crazy busy life of the 21st Century? I mean moms and dads are busy running kids to sports practices, picking up dry cleaning, grocery shopping, or attending back to school night or parent conferences…whoosh. But when you see just how easy this keto bread recipe is to whip up, you will be making it as fast as your family will be eating it. This moist and delicious bread will become a staple in your household and believe it or not, you will truly enjoy making it on repeat! Your family will thank you for making such a delicious addition to your meals, whether it is for breakfast toast, lunchtime sandwiches, or at dinner as your bread option! Boasting low carbs and keto friendly, we are all over this recipe! Be sure to add it to your list of family staples too!
Keto Bread Ingredients
- Almond Flour- Finely ground blanched almond will help give this keto bread a better texture.
- Coconut Flour- Sift coconut flour to avoid it clumping.
- Eggs- Large, room temperature eggs are best.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- Preferably one that contains “the mother”, this will help activate the leavening agents in this bread to make it light and fluffy.
- Butter- Melted, unsalted butter provides richness and flavor.
- Monk Fruit- This is optional, but adds a great balance of flavor to this bread. If you prefer no sweetness to this keto friendly bread recipe, omit.
How to Make Keto Bread
- Dry Ingredients: Combine almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk, monk fruit, and salt in a small bowl
- Eggs: Separate eggs. Add yolks to a large bowl, set aside. Add whites to a separate large bowl or stand mixer. Beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Combine: Add apple cider vinegar and melted butter to egg yolks and whisk well. Add dry ingredients and 1/2 of the egg whites. Slowly fold together, then add remaining egg whites and mix just until combined.
- Bake: Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 30 minutes, turning the pan halfway through until edges are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center.
Keto Bread FAQs
How can I make my keto bread fluffy?
The key to any fluffy baked good is whipping the eggs whites to stiff peaks. This allows the dough to be light and aerated. When combining ingredients, gently fold dough together. Do not overmix.
How can I stop keto bread from being too dry?
The eggs and butter will help this low carb bread moist and delicious. Do not overbake. Cook just until the edges begin to brown and a toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center of the loaf.
How do I store keto bread?
Cover unused bread with foil and store in the fridge for up to 5-6 days.
Can I freeze this keto bread?
Yes! This is a great recipe to double so you can have one to eat for the week and one to use at a later time. Once baked, let the loaf cool completely. Slice and place in an airtight container. Store in the freezer for up to 1 month. To use, thaw bread in the fridge and toast when needed.Print
Butter-Flavored Keto Bread
Do yourself a favor and run, do not walk to make this fluffy and moist keto bread! This simple recipe will make all of your keto bread dreams come true.
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 1– 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons ground psyllium husk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon monk fruit
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line an 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper or coat with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, salt, and optional monk fruit in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Separate eggs into two bowls. Place the whites in a large clean bowl or stand mixer and add the eggs to a separate bowl.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add apple cider vinegar and melted butter to egg yolks. Whisk to combine. Add dry ingredients and 1/2 of the egg white mixture and gently fold together for 30 seconds then add remaining egg whites and mix just until combined. Do not overmix. Dough will be a bit lumpy.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway through. Edges should begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and be golden brown. To make the top brown, place under broil for 1-2 minutes, keeping your eyes on it to avoid it from burning.
- Calories: 159
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: Protein: 1g