Cauliflower baked ziti is the ultimate comfort food for the fall and winter. It’s warm, comforting, filling, and in short…delicious.
While the keto diet has no shortage of cauliflower recipes, this baked ziti is a must-try.
The best part is that, similar to lasagna, this keto casserole tastes just as good (if not better) the next day, so definitely make enough for leftovers.
This low-carb cauliflower ziti is:
The main ingredients are:
- Ground beef
- Head of cauliflower
- Mozzarella cheese
Optional additional ingredients:
- Cheddar cheese
- Low-carb keto veggies
Health Benefits of Keto Cauliflower Ziti
Packed With Veggies
Unless you’re a big salad fan, it can be tricky to get your veggies in every day. This cauliflower ziti makes it easy to get a boost of vegetables (cauliflower, onion, tomato) along with a nice blend of antioxidant-rich herbs into your diet.
You can also feel free to mix and match the veggies that you add. Broccoli, carrots, and zucchini work great.
Excellent For Immunity
Your immune system requires a variety of nutrients to work optimally. When it comes to macros, however, protein is king[*].
Browse our curated collection of fan-favorites and discover your new favorite snack or supplement.Shop Best Sellers
With 28 grams of protein per serving in this cauli ziti recipe you’ll be providing your body with the essential amino acids it needs to keep immunity running smoothly. It also contains garlic and onion, which can support your antioxidant defences and immunity in general[*][*].
Keto Cauliflower Ziti
How To Make Cauliflower Ziti
Begin by preheating your oven to 375° F, and coating a 9×13 baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
Set the baking dish aside, and bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add your cauliflower florets to water and blanch for 3-5 minutes. Drain the cauliflower and set aside.
Next, heat a large saute pan under medium heat. Add your olive oil and onion to the pan and saute for 4-6 minutes until the onion is nice and tender. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
Add the ground meat to your pan along with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and oregano. Cook the meat until browned, and then stir in tomato paste and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
Next, stir in crushed tomatoes and let simmer for 5-7 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste, and remove from heat.
Add the blanched cauliflower florets to your prepared baking dish and pour your meat sauce over cauliflower.
Top with ricotta cheese, parmesan, and mozzarella.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until top is bubbling and cauliflower is tender.
- 9×13 baking dish
- Large pot
- Large saute pan
Cheesy Keto Cauliflower Ziti
Enjoy the flavors of mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and ground beef in this savory keto cauliflower ziti dish.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 large head of cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375° F and coat a 9×13 baking dish with butter or non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add cauliflower florets to water and blanch for 3-5 minutes. Drain cauliflower and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet under medium heat.
- Add olive oil and onion to the pan and saute for 4-6 minutes until tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground meat to pan along with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and oregano to make your meat sauce. Cook until browned. Stir in tomato paste and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and let simmer for 5-7 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste. Remove from heat.
- Add blanched cauliflower florets to the prepared baking dish. Pour meat sauce over cauliflower.
- Top with ricotta cheese, parmesan, and mozzarella.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until top is bubbling and cauliflower is tender.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 303
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 28g
Keywords: keto cauliflower ziti