Delicious, creamy salad dressing goes great on anything! Add in some dill, and you’ll end up with an easy peasy ranch sauce, too. With healthy fats and big flavor, every drizzle of this dressing on your salads will be sure to help keep you fat-burning.
Garlic powder is dried garlic that has been finely ground and is used as seasoning in many dishes. Some people might look down on garlic powder as a cheap substitute for the real thing, but it all depends on what it’s being used for. In this case, powder form is essential for easy blending into the dressing consistency we’re trying to achieve.
Of course, garlic powder will not always give you the same advantages as fresh garlic; however, garlic powder has fewer calories and is still linked to many of the same health benefits as fresh garlic. Not only is garlic used in recipes, it is also commonly used for medicinal purposes and home remedies for various ailments. Let’s take a look at some of the health benefits garlic provides:
- Cancer-fighting properties
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular disease
- Heart protection
- Reduces levels of unhealthy bacteria in the stomach
- Lowers gastrointestinal infection
- Boosts immune system function
- Improves cholesterol levels
- Contains antioxidants that help against common brain diseases
- Detoxifies heavy metals in body
When you eat garlic in powder form, you’re only getting a hint of garlic’s nutrition, but you’re getting great health benefits nonetheless.
Remember: Commercially produced garlic powder may be convenient, but there is no guarantee that fillers and additives haven’t been added. Just as with any of the other ingredients, source matters.
MCT Powder Garlic Dressing
Need a keto-friendly salad dressing? This MCT powder garlic dressing has you covered with healthy fats, flavor and nutrition.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: N/A
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 12 ounces
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: American
- 4 scoops MCT oil powder
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a blender (or jar, use immersion blender), combine everything but the cold water until smooth
- Then while blending slowly, drizzle in the cold water until the mix lightens and thickens
- Store in the fridge. It will become even thicker when chilled, separation may occur
- Set it at room temperature to soften and mix to combine
- Serving Size: 2 ounces
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Protein: 0
Keywords: MCT powder garlic dressing