Cutting out bread is one of the things you’ll have to do when embarking on a keto diet journey. Thankfully, low-carb alternatives exist to satisfy your cravings for tasty sandwiches and wraps. When choosing the best keto bread, pay attention to the net carbs per serving, added sugars, and reviews from customers who’ve tried the bread.
We recommend checking out our low-carb bread list featuring top options that keep you in ketosis. Whether you’re looking for something you can conveniently make (and customize) at home, has zero carbs, and satisfies your need for more protein — find them below.
Our Top Keto Bread Picks
- Best Overall: Sola Bread
- Best Bread Mix: Lakanto All Purpose Bread Mix
- Best Zero Carb Bread: Thin Slim Foods Zero Net Carb Bread
- Best Seeded Bread: Carbonaut Seeded Bread
- Best Pita Bread: Toufayan Bakeries Keto Pita
- Best Ingredients: Base Culture Original Keto Bread
- Best Bagels: Great Low Carb Bread Co. Low Calorie Bagels
- Best Protein Wraps: Primal Bakery Protein Keto Wraps
How We Selected These Keto Bread Options
In the process of creating this keto-friendly bread list, we’ve considered key factors, such as:
- Net carbs: This is a key consideration given that carbs on keto should be kept under 50 grams per day. We picked bread brands that contain no more than 5 grams of net carbs per serving.
- Dietary goals: We’re aware that people have certain dietary restrictions. You’ll find keto bread brands that are labeled “gluten-free,” “grain-free,” “peanut-free,” and “OU” (or Kosher).
- No added sugar: Added sugar may be present in many processed foods, but it’s certainly discouraged on the keto diet. Instead of regular sugar, healthier sweetener alternatives (like stevia) are used.
- Customer reviews: Taste and food preferences may be subjective, but we’ve selected those that people consider the best-tasting keto bread.
8 Best Keto Bread Options
Low in net carbs and available in different flavors, these bread products can be found at your local supermarket. Before diving into each option, have a quick look at the table below where we summarize their pros and cons.
|Keto Bread Brand||Pros||Cons|
|Lakanto All Purpose Bread Mix||
|Thin Slim Foods Zero Net Carb Bread||
|Carbonaut Seeded Bread||
|Toufayan Bakeries Keto Pita||
|Base Culture Original Keto Bread||
|Great Low Carb Bread Co. Low Calorie Bagels||
|Primal Bakery Protein Keto Wraps||
1. Sola Bread
If you’re the type who loves trying different bread varieties, Sola Bread is an excellent choice. You’re sure to find something that suits your tastebuds, whether you prefer slightly sweet or wheaty tastes. Great for making sandwiches, Sola Bread contains only 1-2 grams of net carbs per slice.
- Only 1-2g net carbs
- Different varieties available (French toast, rustic, honey, etc.)
- No added sugar and no artificial colors
- Has sugar alcohols, which may cause digestive issues in those who are sensitive
2. Lakanto All-Purpose Bread Mix
This all-purpose bread mix is made primarily of resistant tapioca starch, which is popular in keto formulations. It’s a source of dietary fiber and it can help improve blood glucose and insulin sensitivity (*). A 28-gram serving of Lakanto’s bread mix contains only 2 grams of net carbs. It’s also very low in calories.
- You’ll only need water, eggs, and oil to make your own bread
- Can be modified according to your style and flavor preferences
- The texture can be a bit crumbly
3. Thin Slim Foods Zero Net Carb Bread
Keep your carbohydrate intake as low as possible with this plain bread that has zero net carbs. Compared with traditional bread, this bread contains only 45 calories per slice. Plus, you’ll get 7 grams of protein. Note that this product may have allergens like soy and peanuts.
- Has no carbs
- Great for sandwiches and toast
- High in fiber
- Low in calories
- Some might find the loaf to be small and dry
4. Carbonaut Seeded Bread
Non-GMO and 100% plant-based, this bread is made with sesame seeds and sunflower seeds, which fit into the keto diet. These seeds are sources of nutrients that support bone health and immune function, such as vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, and zinc. One slice contains only 2 grams of net carbs.
- A good option for those following a plant-based keto diet
- Helps boost your protein intake since it has 7g of protein per slice
- While many appreciate the taste, some find that the bread easily falls apart
5. Toufayan Bakeries Keto Pita
While most pita breads are off-limits on keto, this one from Toufayan Bakeries isn’t. Many customers love that this low-carb pita can be used as a substitute for naan bread, doesn’t spike blood sugar, and helps increase their fiber intake. One loaf provides 5 grams of net carbs.
- Kosher and naturally vegan
- High in fiber
- No added sugar
- Great for paninis and flatbread pizza
- Some find this to be expensive
6. Base Culture Original Keto Bread
Grain-free, gluten-free, and also suitable for paleo diets (not just keto), Base Culture’s bread allows you to enjoy delicious and sandwiches. According to Base Culture, they’ve made sure to pick only quality ingredients. This includes eggs, flaxseed, and almond flour. One slice contains only 4 grams of net carbs.
- Grain-free, gluten-free, and peanut-free
- Includes clean ingredients, such as almonds and eggs
- The bread slices may be smaller than regular bread
- Considering the size, some customers find it to be expensive
Price: $98.26 at Walmart
7. Great Low Carb Bread Co. Low Calorie Bagels
There’s no strict requirement to count calories on keto, but for those who do it and also love bread, these bagels will surprise you. Whether you choose plain, “everything bagel,” or cinnamon — you get only 65 calories and 2 grams of net carbs. Even better? There are 12 grams of protein per bagel!
- Low in calories
- High in protein
- Avoids soybeans in their products
- Uses Kosher ingredients
- Costs more than other keto products (according to Great Low Carb Bread Co., this is because they use the best ingredients)
8. Primal Bakery Protein Keto Wraps
These keto-friendly wraps are a source of plant protein, providing you with 15 grams of protein per wrap. Additionally, you’ll get 10 grams of fat and only 5 grams of net carbs. Some of the ingredients used include flaxseeds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- Doesn’t contain artificial preservatives, GMO ingredients, and colors
- High in protein
- A source of omega-3 fats
- Contains allergens like wheat and soy
Price: $8.99 at Primal Bakery
Frequently Asked Questions
Does keto bread taste similar to traditional bread?
Keto bread may taste slightly different. For instance, some have a nuttier or slightly earthier taste due to the ingredients used, such as almond or coconut flour. Other keto breads might also have an eggy taste.
How is the texture of keto bread compared to regular bread?
Compared to traditional bread, keto-friendly bread may be denser and more crumbly. However, this doesn’t apply to all keto bread brands. Some individuals don’t find this an issue while others may find it takes getting used to.
Is keto bread more expensive than regular bread?
Generally speaking, keto bread costs more than traditional bread. This is because of the ingredients themselves, which are more expensive. Moreover, the production process may involve specialized equipment, leading to higher costs.
Can keto bread be consumed by those who are not following a ketogenic diet?
Anyone who wants to reduce their carb intake (or even follow a grain-free diet) can eat keto bread as a convenient and satisfying option. In other words, keto bread suits a variety of diets as long as it helps meet your goals.
Finding the best bread for the keto diet is no longer a problem, thanks to these eight options. They fit perfectly into low-carb plan, can make you feel fuller than regular bread, and keep your healthy lifestyle enjoyable!