Halloween is just around the corner and if you have been trying to come up with a fun dessert to enjoy on your low carb diet, we have you covered. These “rice” krispie treats are completely keto and will put the fun back into your Halloween festivities. No tricks, just keto treats! They are made with 3 simple ingredients and the kids will love helping you decorate these. These are treats you will feel great about giving to your entire family!
Keto Halloween Krispie Treat Ingredients
- Perfect Keto Mallow Munch Bars – These will up your expectations for “cereal” snack bars, but without the sugar and carbs. They are soft, chewy, and deliver that nostalgic crispy bar flavor you remember from your childhood.
- Coconut Butter – This is a great replacement for melted white chocolate on a keto diet. This medium chain fatty acid is loaded with lauric acid which can help with everything from weight loss to cognitive function. It is also rich in fiber and minerals.
- Chocolate Chips – Look for a high quality dark chocolate that is sweetened with stevia and made with whole ingredients.
Keto Halloween Krispie Treats Variations
Keto Krispie Treat Frankenstein
When melting the coconut butter, add a couple of drops of green food coloring and stir until color is well distributed. Dip one side of the bars into the melted coconut butter and place in the freezer to harden. Heat 1/4 cup of stevia sweetened chocolate chips in the microwave in 20 second intervals until melted. Remove treats from freezer and dip the very top into the melted chocolate to create Frankenstein’s hair. Add chocolate chips for the eyes.
Keto Krispie Treat Spider Webs
Use Perfect Keto’s Chocolate Mallow Munch bars instead of the original marshmallow flavor. Heat 1/2 cup of coconut butter in the microwave in 20 second increments until melted and smooth. Pour into a small zip lock bag and cut a small tip off one of the corners. Pipe melted coconut butter to form spider “web”.
Keto Halloween Krispie Treats FAQs
Are these krispie treats keto?
Yes! Unlike traditional Rice Krispie Treats, Perfect Keto’s Mallow Munch bars are completely sugar free and perfect for a ketogenic diet. They are made with protein, tapioca fiber, cacao, and monk fruit. Each bar only contains 7 grams of net carbs per serving.
Can I use white chocolate instead of coconut butter?
Traditional white chocolate is not keto or low carb. One ounce of white chocolate contains 15 grams of carbohydrates, all from sugar. Lily’s brand does have low carb white chocolate chips. There are approximately 9 grams of carbs/3 grams of fiber for 1 14 gram serving size. Coconut butter is the better option as a substitute for white chocolate. It is rich in fiber, iron, and healthy fats.
What else can I use to decorate these bars?
In addition to melted coconut butter and chocolate chips, try adding in SuperFat Keto Sprinkles to decorate! These are made with coconut oil, contain no added sugars or artificial flavors, and come in both chocolate and rainbow flavors.
How do I store these treats?
Store treats in a glass container fitted with an air tight lid. Keep in a cool area to prevent anything from melting. Store up to 3 days.Print
Keto Halloween Krispie Treats
Turn up the spooky keto Halloween spirit with these adorable mummy krispie treats. They are soft, chewy, and with only 3 ingredients they are super simple to make!
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 4 Perfect Keto Mallow Munch Bars
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 8 chocolate chips
- Place coconut butter in a small saucepan set over low-medium heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and pour into a small bowl.
- Remove Perfect Keto Bars from their wrappers. Dip one side of the bars into melted coconut butter and place on a piece of parchment paper. Repeat with all bars.
- Place bars in the freezer for 5 minutes until coconut butter has hardened.
- Pour remaining coconut butter into a small zip lock bag. If it has already hardened, place it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds until melted again.
- Remove treats from the freezer. Cut a small tip off one corner of the zip lock bag and drizzle the mummy’s “wrap” over the hardened coconut butter.
- Add two small dots of melted coconut butter to the top center area of the mummy treat and place two small chocolate chips for the eyes.
- Place in the fridge for a few minutes to set.
- Serving Size: 1 mummy treat
- Calories: 218
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: halloween krispie treats