There are plenty of keto bread recipes out there, but these crescent rolls offer a real treat with their rich consistency and mouth-watering flavor.
Enjoy this low-carb recipe in the morning with some melted butter, or make them as dinner rolls to go along with a pot roast or your favorite ketogenic comfort food.
Disclaimer: Some people may refer to these crescent rolls as “keto croissants”; however, they are not as flaky as croissants — but equally as delicious.
These low-carb crescent rolls are:
The main ingredients are:
Optional additional ingredients:
- Melted butter
- Italian seasoning
- Stevia sweetener
Health Benefits of Keto Crescent Rolls
Gluten and Grain-Free
If you’re keeping an eye on your diet, crescent rolls probably don’t make an appearance very often. Luckily, these grain-free, gluten-free rolls are low-carb and keto-friendly. Since most gluten-containing grains are high in carbs and may cause inflammation in large amounts, these crescent rolls are perfect for a healthy meal plan.
Rich In Protein, Low In Carbs
Even the healthiest bread recipes, made with the freshest whole food ingredients, typically have too many carbs to be keto-friendly. This recipe swaps the carb-heavy ingredients like flour and sugar for almond flour, coconut flour, and monk fruit.
You also get a hit of protein from the cream cheese and mozzarella — eight grams per serving to be exact.
Research shows that protein is the most satiating macronutrient, which means you’ll feel full and satisfied when you enjoy these crescent rolls instead of being left with cravings and a blood sugar roller coaster[*].
Keto Crescent Rolls
Are you ready to make some buttery, sugar-free crescent rolls?
What You’ll Need:
- Baking pan
- Heat-proof bowl
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- Pizza cutter (optional, but does an excellent job cutting triangles into your dough)
Begin by grabbing your heat-proof bowl and adding your mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave in 30-second intervals until fully melted, then whisk an egg into the cheese mixture.
In a separate small bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, monk fruit, baking powder, and salt, and whisk to combine.
Add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients, and mix until well combined and dough forms.
Next, knead your dough into a small ball, place in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
While the dough is refrigerating, preheat your oven to 350° F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Take the dough out of the refrigerator and remove the plastic. With a rolling pin, press dough into a rectangle.
Cut into triangles with either a knife or pizza cutter, and roll each triangle (large end to small end) to form the classic “crescent roll.”
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.Print
Keto Crescent Rolls
These delicious low-carb keto crescent rolls are made with cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, almond flour, coconut flour, monk fruit sweetener and one large egg.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a heat-proof bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals until fully melted.
- Whisk the egg into the cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, monk fruit, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix with a large spoon.
- Knead dough and form into a small ball. Place in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and remove plastic. With a rolling pin, press dough into a rectangle.
- Cut into triangles and roll each triangle (large end to small end) to form the classic “crescent roll”.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Calories: 146
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 6g (4g net)
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: keto crescent rolls