Is anyone sad that the Winter months and all of those warm, comforting dishes will soon be fewer and far between? There honestly isn’t anything better than cozying up with a big bowl of soup or stew on a chilly evening. As the weather begins to heat up, I’m fighting the urge to switch up our meals for the warmer days ahead. I know I have a few more weeks to get in as many cozy dishes as I can, starting with this green chili keto pork stew!
One of my favorite things about this low carb pork stew is that it’s perfect for the transition into Spring. While it may be a hearty and cozy stew, the bright and tangy flavors are perfect for this time of year. The hint of orange, the tang of the lime, and the freshness of the cilantro really shine through in the broth. Another bonus is how easy it is to prepare. Dinner is literally on the table in less than 30 minutes making this a great option for a quick and easy dinner!
Keto Pork Stew Ingredients
- Pork shoulder – cut into small pieces
- Green chilis – gives the stew heat without adding spice
- Vegetables – onions and bell peppers
- Salsa verde – use only the zest to keep this recipe very low carb
- Spices – paprika, cumin, chili lime seasoning, salt, and pepper
- Cilantro – used for garnish to brighten up the stew
- Lime – the zest and juice brings great flavor and tang to the dish
How to Make Keto Pork Stew
Add everything to your Instant Pot, replace lid and close valve. Press the STEW/MEAT function +25 minutes. When timer goes off, carefully remove lid and portion into bowls.
Storing Keto Pork Stew
Store any unused portions of this low carb pork stew recipe in an airtight container. This can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to three months.
Reheating Keto Pork Stew
To reheat from the fridge, add contents to a small skillet or pot set over medium heat. Stir gently and cook until warmed through. To reheat from the freezer, you can either let the leftovers thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat on the stove or you can add empath contents directly into the Instant Pot, replace the lid and close valve, then press MANUAL +10 minutes. When the timer goes off, carefully release steam and serve.Print
Instant Pot Green Chili Keto Pork Stew
Enjoy this quick and easy green chili pork stew any night of the week. It is the perfect comfort that can be made in a fraction of the time using your Instant pot!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- 1 pound pork shoulder or pork chops cut into 1” pieces
- 6 ounces green chilis
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- Zest of one orange
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons Tajin (chili lime seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Lime (zest and juice reserved)
- Cilantro (for garnish)
- Sour cream (for garnish)
- Turn Instant Pot to meat/stew function +25 minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir well to combine.
- Replace lid and close valve.
- When the timer goes off, carefully release pressure manually. Divide and portion stew into bowls. Garnish with fresh cilantro, sour cream, and lime juice to serve.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 182
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 23g
Keywords: keto pork stew