No, these aren’t the buffalo bites from your local Applebee’s. You might have had buffalo bites made with chicken, but in this recipe, we are substituting with a very popular cruciferous vegetable —the cauliflower. By now, you know we have used cauliflower in several of our recipes. And for good reason, this vegetable is packed with many health benefits. For a healthy keto meal, give the brown butter buffalo bites a try! Mmm, we can already smell that flavorful aroma!
What Makes the Cauliflower Unique?
The versatile cauliflower is often incorporated in ketogenic diet dishes because many people love to experiment with this vegetable. This veggie offers endless possibilities to what your palate desires! It has even been used in place of rice, potatoes, bread crusts, and other meats.
As part of the cruciferous vegetable family, the cauliflower offers a plethora of nutritional benefits. It’s known for it’s group of phytonutrients—more specifically, it’s high glucosinolate content. Glucosinolates are sulfur-containing compounds that when broken down during the digestive process, provide health promotion and disease prevention due to the triggering of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory response.
The cauliflower is also associated with the benefit of reducing cancer risk. The glucosinates in the cauliflower essentially act like natural pesticides in the plant cells, and when they are consumed by humans, they are utilized for DNA repair and slow the growth of mutated cancer cells.
Other Cauliflower Health Benefits
- Rich in Vitamins C, K, B6, and folate
- Great source of Omega-3s
- Decreases risk of heart disease
- Boosts brain health
- Provides Digestive Benefits – dietary fiber
- Detoxification support
- Aids in weight loss
With its unique nutrition profile, there’s no question why the cauliflower is considered a superfood. Try out this recipe yourself and discover the cauliflower’s shapeshifting powers! Don’t forget to let us know how your dish turns out and also other cauliflower recipes you love! 🙂
Brown Butter Buffalo Bites
These aren’t your buffalo bites from Applebees. Substituting with cauliflower, this brown butter buffalo bites recipe makes for a delicious keto meal!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 1 head of cauliflower (aprx 3 cups of florets)
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 tbsp. Grass Fed Butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of salt
- In a small skillet on medium heat, melt the butter. Bring to a simmer until browned.
- In that time, but your cauliflower into florets.
- Add to a large bowl.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.Mince the garlic and add it to the butter, it should be almost ready.
- When the butter is browned (but before is smokes) remove it and pour it over the cauliflower. Make sure to get in the garlic cloves. Add in the hot sauce and gently toss to coat.
- Use tongs to move the florets to a sheet pan. Place them stem side up. Save the extra sauce remaining in the bowl.
- Bake the cauliflower for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer to a serving dish. Drizzle with remaining sauce. Garnish with crispy bacon and serve with ranch for dunking!
- Calories: 175
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Protein: 4
Keywords: brown butter buffalo bites