Easy, delicious and sure to be a crowd pleaser, these curry chicken lettuce wraps make for the perfect weeknight meal! Not only is this a super tasty combination that comes perfectly together with only a handful of ingredients, you’ll be able to smell the aroma of flavorful spices from a mile away.
What’s in that Curry?
Curry powder, a generic term for blended spices, is highly associated with East Indian cuisine. There are, however, many different curries from all over the world. The most common spices included in curry powder are chili, ground coriander, ground ginger, pepper and turmeric.
Curry is such a popular spice mix because it provides a variety of health benefits that include:
- Healthy digestion
- Cancer prevention and treatment
- Heart health
- Antibacterial activity
- Liver toxicity
Did You Know?
It is turmeric, a member of the ginger family and a major ingredient in curry, that gives curry dishes the distinctive yellow color. Because of its high content of turmeric, not only does curry help with pain relief and inflammation reduction, curry has been shown to help improve bone health and reduce Alzheimer’s symptoms.
Early studies, although testing on humans is still in its early stages, show that curry can increase the speed of bone regrowth, connectivity, and repair. In addition, the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties in curry are shown to help reduce the risk of tumor growth, especially in the liver, and helps to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Spice up Your Life!
There are so many different combinations of curry, and the amount of spices will vary from recipe to recipe. However, you don’t want to ignore all the benefits its main ingredient, turmeric, has to offer. Time to add some spice in your life and give this curry chicken lettuce wraps recipe a try!
Curry Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Easy, delicious and sure to be a crowd pleaser, this curry chicken lettuce wraps recipe makes for the perfect weeknight meal!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1.5 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp. ghee
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 6–8 small lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup Lactose free sour cream or plain, unsweetened coconut milk yogurt
- Prepare your vegetables and set aside.
- Cut your chicken thighs into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. When it comes to temperature add in 2 tbsp. of ghee and then the onion. Stir often until browned.
- Add in the chicken, garlic and salt. Stir well.
- Cook the chicken, stirring often until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the third tablespoon of ghee, the curry and the cauliflower rice. Sauté until well combined.
- Lay out your lettuce leaves, and spoon the curry chicken mix into each one.
- Top with a dollop of cream!
- Curry: Primal Palate is high quality and doesn’t have any sugar! Mix it with plenty of ghee or coconut milk for a delicious curry base.
- For the yogurt or sour cream: if you can do dairy, a full fat, pastured (preferably, cultured, lactose free) sour cream is recommended. If you can’t do dairy free, unsweetened yogurt is a good alternative. CoYo is a good brand.
- Calories: 554
- Fat: 36.4
- Carbohydrates: 7.2
- Protein: 50.9
Keywords: Curry Chicken Lettuce Wraps