One of the best parts about eating at my favorite Italian restaurant has always been the cheesy breadsticks our family used to regularly order. Unlike the endless fluffy breadsticks that some places serve, we fell in love with the flatbread style that are loaded with gooey cheese, garlic, and herbs. Served with a little marinara sauce or even alfredo sauce, these breadsticks were always our appetizer of choice.
However, when I decided to change to a ketogenic lifestyle, traditional bread was no longer an option for me because of the amount of carbohydrates. Instead of missing out on a family tradition when it came to eating Italian food, I set out to make a copycat version of our favorite breadsticks that the whole family could enjoy. Surprisingly, I came up with an alternative that is every bit as good, perhaps even better because I knew they were homemade and completely keto friendly. These keto cheesy breadsticks are everything Italian dreams are made of, minus the carbs!
Three Cheese Italian Keto Breadsticks Ingredients
- Cheese – Asiago, parmesan, and mozzarella cheeses are a great combination, but you can use any shreddable variety you prefer.
- Cream Cheese – ⅓ fat or full fat cream
- Almond Flour – blanched almond flour
- Egg – Large, whole, room temperature egg
- Italian Seasoning – Use a pre-blended mix or use equal parts basil, thyme, oregano, and parsley.
- Parsley – Fresh Italian parsley to add color and flavor to finish the breadsticks off
Keto Breadstick Variations
Keto Everything Bagel Breadsticks
Instead of using Italian herbs, top breadsticks with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning which is a mixture of black sesame seeds, garlic, onion, salt, and poppy seeds.
Keto Crunchy Breadsticks
To make these crunchy, add all of the cheese at the same time instead of dividing it. Roll dough into ⅛” thickness to make them thinner, then slice before baking. Leave at least 2” of space in between breadstick and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Keto Garlic Breadsticks
Add even more flavor by using 2 teaspoons of garlic powder to the dough and brush the top with garlic oil before baking.
How to Make Three Cheese Italian Keto Breadsticks
Combine asiago, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese to a medium sized bowl.
Add ¾ of the shredded cheese to a large bowl with cream cheese and microwave on high until melted.
Browse our curated collection of fan-favorites and discover your new favorite snack or supplement.Shop Best Sellers
Combine Remaining Ingredients
Add egg, seasoning, and almond flour to melted cheeses. Mix well until ingredients are well distributed.
It is best to turn dough out in between two pieces of parchment paper to avoid sticking. Once it is 1/4” thickness
Different Ways to Enjoy Three Cheese Italian Keto Breadstick
These low carb cheesy breadsticks are great for dipping in no sugar added marinara sauce or Alfredo sauce. You can also eat them alongside your favorite soup or stew.
Three Cheese Italian Keto Breadstick FAQs
Can you freeze these keto breadsticks?
Yes! You can place any unused breadsticks in an airtight food container or even a freezer safe zip lock and store for up to 3 months. Unbaked dough can also be prepared ahead of time and stored in the freezer. Roll out dough, keep in between the two pieces of parchment paper, and store in an airtight container for up to 3 months. To use, let dough defrost in the fridge overnight, then let come to room temperature until ready to bake.
Can the dough be made in a food processor?
Yes! Because this is a very sticky dough that takes a little time to come together by hand, a food processor is highly recommended.Print
Easy Three Cheese Italian Keto Breadsticks
Enjoy these soft, cheesy, and delicious keto breadsticks that are made with minimal ingredients and jam packed with flavor. One bite and you will feel like you are indulging at your favorite Italian restaurant, but with only 1 net carb per serving you will actually feel good about eating them!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese (shredded)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (roughly chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine mozzarella, parmesan, and asiago cheese in a medium sized bowl.
- Add 3/4 of the shredded cheeses and cream cheese to a large microwave safe bowl. Cook cheese on high in 30 second increments until melted.
- Remove from the microwave and add almond flour, eggs, seasonings, salt, and pepper. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, mix the contents until ingredients are well incorporated. You could also use your hands to make sure everything is well distributed.
- Transfer dough onto parchment paper, add another piece of parchment paper and roll to a ¼” thickness.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges have slightly puffed up and are golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 81
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: keto breadsticks