One of the challenges people face when it comes to adopting a ketogenic lifestyle is thinking they have to give up their favorite breakfast foods. Traditional pancakes and waffles are typically filled with various types of flour/s resulting in recipes that are very high in carbs which will kick you out of ketosis. On the other hand, some recipes that may be considered keto turn out flat, flavorless, and are truly disappointing. We have you covered though with these easy flourless pancakes that fluff up just like regular pancakes, only take 10 minutes to prepare, and are completely grain free. One bite and you will think they are down right magical.
Flourless Pancakes Ingredients
- Almond Butter – This is what gives the pancakes the majority of its flavor and bulk. When cooked with eggs, it produces a light and fluffy texture.
- Eggs – Just like with any other batter, eggs are what gives baked goods their airy texture. It also lightens the heaviness of the almond butter and provides the structure to the pancakes.
- Flax Meal – When ground into a fine meal, flax acts as another type of binder. It will help hold the almond butter and eggs together.
- Monk Fruit – This is your main sweetener for these flourless pancakes. Depending on your tastebuds and desired toppings, you can either omit this or add more. It will not change the texture of the pancakes, just be sure to mix it in properly until it is well dissolved.
Flourless Pancakes FAQs
Can I make flourless pancakes without bananas?
Yes! Not only can you make delicious flourless pancakes without bananas or apple sauce, this recipe only calls for a handful of healthful ingredients that will keep you in ketosis.
Can I substitute the almond butter?
Yes! You can use any nut butter such as cashew butter, peanut butter, or even sunflower butter if you keep a nut free diet. Just be aware the carb count may change slightly using alternatives.
Are these flourless pancakes keto-friendly?
Yes! Because the recipe does not call for any type of flour, bananas, or applesauce like other flourless pancakes these are completely keto. An added bonus is they are easy to make and only require 5 simple ingredients.
Can I make waffles using this flourless pancake recipe?
Yes! Just like with any other pancake recipe, you can modify this to make a scrumptious stack of waffles as well. Instead of cooking your batter on a skillet, just use your waffle iron. Be sure to coat it with non-stick spray, butter, or coconut oil.
Can I freeze these pancakes?
Yes! Simply put any uneaten pancakes into a large ziplock bag or plastic container with a lid. These freeze beautifully and are great to make ahead of time.
How should I reheat pancakes?
You can microwave these keto pancakes, but the best way to reheat them is in the toaster oven. This will ensure each bite is fluffy on the inside, but still
What is the best topping for these pancakes?
Slather these flourless pancakes in butter, then pour on your favorite sugar free maple syrup or coconut butter. Add a couple of sliced strawberries or blueberries for an added burst of flavor.
Browse our curated collection of fan-favorites and discover your new favorite snack or supplement.Shop Best Sellers
Flourless Almond Butter Pancakes
These flourless pancakes are what breakfast dreams are made of and you only need 5 simple ingredients to make them. They are so thick and fluffy, you will never know they are keto.
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 pancakes 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit
- Add almond butter, monk fruit, and egg to a medium sized bowl or stand mixer and beat for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add baking powder and flax meal. Stir well to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes while you preheat your skillet.
- Grease pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray set over medium heat. Pan should be hot before pouring batter.
- Once butter is slightly toasted, divide and pour batter onto pan. Cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve with whipped cream, melted coconut butter, and other desired toppings.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 107
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: flourless pancakes