When starting a new diet, going out to eat can prove to be a challenge for multiple reasons. Some of the reasons individuals may find eating out to be so difficult is because of the lack of control and also the many temptations they are confronted with.
We all know the feeling of sitting at the table in the restaurant and your server approaches you with a steaming basket of warm breadsticks in their hand.
With these Keto Breadsticks, you’ll be able to prepare them yourself without any hesitation or fear of going over your keto macro goals.
Making up only five grams of net carbs for a serving of two breadsticks, you can still enjoy this satisfying appetizer without any worry of being kicked out of ketosis.
So what makes up the ingredients in these low carb breadsticks? Some of the key components include almond meal, coconut flour, shredded mozzarella cheese, eggs, coconut oil (or butter), olive oil, and any additional herbs or spices of your choice.
What many people may not know (and what many individuals just starting the keto diet are beginning to figure out) is that mozzarella cheese makes an amazing low carb dough base for many baking recipes.
The main benefits of mozzarella cheese stem from its abundance of vitamins and minerals. Mozzarella cheese is a strong source of of fat soluble vitamins including vitamin A, vitamin D, and vitamin E. It’s also rich in vitamin B6, biotin, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, and of course — calcium.
Are you craving your all-time favorite appetizer but want to maintain ketosis? These Keto Breadsticks are the perfect addition to any meal prep, dinner dish or group gathering. The next time you’re in a rut for what to make for your big event, grab this short list of ingredients at the store and start making your own delicious Keto Breadsticks today.Print
Cheesy Garlic Keto Breadsticks
These tasty keto breadsticks are the ultimate low carb substitute to your favorite appetizer, packing all the healthy fats without the abundant carbs.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup almond meal (or nut flour blend)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or melted grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb blend
- 1/4 cup shredded asiago or parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon granulated garlic and salt.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the mozzarella. Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds.
- Whisk the eggs and coconut oil into the flour mix, then fold in the melted mozzarella.
- Work quickly while it’s still hot.
- Flatten the dough onto a 9” cast-iron or nonstick skillet.
- Sprinkle with herb blend, asiago and olive oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese on top is toasty.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Then transfer the flatbread onto a cutting board and cut into 10 sticks.
- Serving Size: 2 breadsticks
- Calories: 432
- Fat: 42g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: garlic keto breadsticks