Time to indulge in a creamy, velvety, and rich dessert. But don’t worry, you won’t have to feel guilty after trying this recipe. In fact, your taste buds will love you! This Keto Avocado Chocolate Mousse is another delicious way to get your ketones. Not to mention, you’ll also get more healthy fats and nutrients compared to traditional mousse recipes.
The Not-So-Secret Superfood
Those of us on the ketogenic diet love our fats. Of course, we always strive to include the healthiest fats in our diet, so it’s no surprise one of the smartest fat fuels has been incorporated in this recipe.
The avocado, along with its buttery and nutty flavor and creamy texture, boasts many nutritional highlights. One of them is that it is a low-carb friendly plant food with an abundance of 20 different vitamins and minerals. The nutrient-dense avocado helps increase the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients, like Vitamin A, which is involved in immune, vision, and cellular functions.
Additionally, avocados are low in saturated fats and high in monounsaturated fatty acids. The majority of fat in avocados is oleic acid, which contributes to a reduction in blood sugar spikes, reduced risks of many diseases, and aids in weight loss.
Browse our curated collection of fan-favorites and discover your new favorite snack or supplement.Shop Best Sellers
Other Avocado Benefits:
- High amount of fiber
- Regulates blood sugar
- Helps fight free radicals
- Does not contain any cholesterol or sodium
- High potassium content (more than a banana)
- Promotes gut health
- Promotes eye health
Did You Know?
The avocado is an Aztec symbol of love and fertility. An avocado tree needs another avocado tree nearby to bear fruit, and when it does, the avocados grow in pairs.Print
Keto Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Exogenous ketones in a dessert? With this Keto Avocado Chocolate Mousse, yes, it’s very possible! You even get an added bonus of healthy fats and nutrients.
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- One, 14-ounce can full-fat coconut cream
- ¼ cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 scoop Perfect Keto Chocolate Collagen
- ½ teaspoon non-alcoholic vanilla flavoring
- Stevia or monk fruit to taste
- In a large bowl or standing mixer, whip the coconut milk or heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold or whisk the cocoa powder, collagen, vanilla flavoring, and optional stevia or monk fruit sweetener.
- Divide equally into bowls and top with Perfect Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Butter, if desired.
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 13.9g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6g (Net: 1.4)
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 2.7g
Keywords: Perfect Keto Chocolate mousse
One thought on “Keto Avocado Chocolate Mousse”
This is good and rich chocolate flavored. I backed off the amounts of collagen and keto base to 1 scoop but put a scoop of chocolate MCT Powder. I froze it a bit more to make it more like ice cream.