A lot of people are intimidated making their own salad dressings at home, but once you give it a try I promise you will never buy a store bought version again. The ingredients are better, the quality is higher, and the taste simply cannot compare. An added bonus is having the ability to adjust the flavors according to your taste and preferences. Traditional Caesar dressing can also be problematic for some because it contains raw egg yolks. The good news about this keto Caesar salad dressing is that it doesn’t require eggs at all! It’s every bit as delicious, light, and refreshing as its traditional counterpart… maybe even better!
Salads are also such a great staple for meals and for entertaining. They are always quick to prepare and even salads like this keto Caesar recipe with very simple ingredients can pack a punch in the flavor department. These dishes are perfect for spring or summer entertaining and the best part is everyone will be coming back for more just for this homemade Caesar dressing!
Keto Caesar Salad Ingredients
- Lettuce – romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- Mayonnaise – avocado or olive oil based
- Garlic- finely crushed cloves
- Worcestershire Sauce – adds a richness and depth of flavor to the dressing
- Lemon – zest and juice to add brightness and tang
- Parmesan Cheese – finely grated
How to Make Keto Caesar Salad
Add all ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Make dressing 4-5 days ahead of time if needed. The longer the dressing sits, the more the flavors will blend together.
Add chopped romaine lettuce to your bowl or serving dish for larger portions. Drizzle with dressing and toss together. Sprinkle extra parmesan cheese and garnish with cherry tomatoes if desired.
Storing Keto Caesar Salad
Salads are best stored with ingredients kept separately. Lettuce will tend to get soggy when dressed too long ahead of time. Prepare Caesar salad a maximum of 30 minutes ahead of time.
Keto Caesar Salad FAQs
Can I use other lettuce types in this Caesar salad?
Yes! You can use any type of lettuce you would like. You can also use additional greens like kale and chard for variety in this keto salad recipe.
Can I use croutons in this keto Caesar salad?
Unfortunately, traditional croutons are high in carbohydrates which are not keto friendly. To make low carb croutons, you can use this bread recipe. Once baked and cooled, cut them into small pieces and toast under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
Can I add protein to this keto Caesar salad?
Yes! Adding grilled chicken to this low carb Caesar salad would provide an extra nutritional boost as well as flavor and texture!
Keto Caesar Salad
Whip up an easy homemade meal on a busy weeknight with the best keto Caesar salad recipe. The dressing is rich, creamy, and has all of the flavors of a classic dish.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed/pressed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 lemon
- Optional- roasted or grilled chicken breast slices
- Add all dressing ingredients to a medium sized bowl and whisk well until smooth. Use immediately or refrigerate overnight for flavors to enhance and deepen.
- Build salad by adding romaine lettuce and 2-3 tablespoons of dressing. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garnish with a lemon wedge. Add cooked chicken if desired.
- Serve with keto breadsticks if desired.
- Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
- Calories: 151
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
Keywords: keto caesar salad