Jump to recipe
If you’ve been on the hunt for a keto friendly cereal to satisfy that morning craving, look no further. This coconut cluster cereal is low in carbs, high in fat, and won’t get soggy on you.
For breakfast lovers on a keto diet, it can be difficult finding healthier alternatives for all of those high carb staples such as pancakes, waffles, and beloved French toast. However, one of the most missed morning foods is cereal.
Cereal on keto? YES! It is possible and our recipe creators have come up with an amazing keto cereal alternative that will satisfy that morning craving. It is loaded with healthy fats, tons of nutrients, and a touch of sweetness. The best part is that it’s easy to make and only takes 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to bake.
You will fall in love with this keto cereal recipe and it will surely become a staple in your home. You can also try our New Keto-Friendly Cereal.
Keto Cereal Recipe
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 13 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 scoops Perfect Keto Strawberry collagen powder
- 1 cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit syrup
- 3 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon strawberry extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with non stick spray/butter.
- In a large bowl beat the egg white until light and frothy, about 1 minute.
- Slowly add the monk fruit while continuing to beat the egg, then add the strawberry extract and strawberry collagen. Beat gently until all ingredients are well coated.
- Add the pecans, almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, coconut oil, and salt. Gently toss ingredients together.
- Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes rotate pan, gently stir cereal, and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Turn oven off and keep pan in the oven for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir gently, and let cool completely. It will get crispier as it cools.
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 107 kcal
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g(Net Carbs: 2 g)
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: keto cereal recipe
Keto Breakfast Cereal Variations
- Use chocolate collagen and peanut butter powder instead of strawberry collagen for a classic peanut butter cup flavor.
- Use cinnamon toast collagen and add pumpkin spice instead of strawberry collagen for Fall.
- For a sweet dessert treat, instead of breaking up the pieces for cereal keep them in one layer and pour melted chocolate over the top.
Keto Cereal Storing Tips
- Store cereal at room temperature in an airtight plastic container or glass mason jar.
- Cereal can be stored up to 3 weeks.
- If cereal begins to lose it’s crispy texture or get stale, you can reheat it on a baking sheet for 5-7 minutes in a 350°F degree oven.
Keto Breakfast Cereal FAQs
What is the best way to eat this keto cereal?
This is best eaten in a big bowl, creamy unsweetened cashew milk, and a spoon! You could also add this to plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese for a nice crunchy topping.
Can I substitute alternatives for the pecans and almonds?
Any nuts will work, but keep in mind that the texture may change slightly. Macadamia nuts are a wonderful option and lower in carbs than almonds, but they are also more buttery. They may not produce the same crispy texture. Please note the nutritional value will change also.
Can I substitute erythritol for the monk fruit?
Yes, absolutely! You can also use a brown or golden monk fruit option which produces a much richer sweetness.
Can I use butter instead of coconut oil?
Yes! You can use them interchangeably in this recipe. The butter will make the taste more rich as well.
What milk should I use?
Any unsweetened nut milk will work. You could also use a mixture of ½ heavy cream and ½ water if you prefer.
Are there keto cereal brands you can buy?
Fortunately, if you are pressed for time or do not want to bother with gathering ingredients and baking your own cereal there are a few keto friendly alternatives on the market. Our favorite options with the cleanest ingredients are:
- Lakanto Granola
- Magic Spoon
- Catalina Crunch
- High Key
- Low Key Keto Granola
Can I make keto cereal in an airfryer?
Our recipe testers have given this recipe a try in the air fryer and we are happy to report that it does work great! One thing to note is you will need to cook the cereal in 2-3 batches to achieve maximum crunch! Bake each batch in a preheated air fryer for 5-6 minutes until crispy.
Browse our curated collection of fan-favorites and discover your new favorite snack or supplement.Shop Best Sellers