One of the greatest breakfast dishes of all time is a classic omelette. They are easy to prepare and are extremely filling, making them a great option to fuel your day. What I love most about them though, is how easily customizable they are. Whether you want to load yours up with sausage and bacon or stack them with a variety of fresh vegetables, everyone has their own preference.
Omelettes may not be a great option for a large crowd, but this keto omelette recipe is the perfect dish for a quiet morning when you are not rushed to get out of the door. There is something to be said about being able to sit down and enjoy your meal and you will definitely want to savor every bite of this loaded western keto omelette. It is the perfect meal for a weekend morning!
Keto Omelette Ingredients
- Eggs – large, whole eggs
- Bacon – applewood smoked bacon
- Heavy Cream – heavy cream or heavy whipping cream help make this omelette rich and fluffy
- Vegetables – green bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms all finely chopped
- Cheese – finely grated cheddar or monterey jack cheese
How to Make Keto Omelette
Cut all of your vegetables into a small dice. Saute over low-medium heat until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
Beat eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper in a large bowl, blender, or food processor. Pour egg mixture into a pan set over low heat. Gently move eggs around to cover the bottom. When eggs are nearly set in the center, add vegetables to one side and flip the other side over them creating a classic omelette pocket. Turn off heat and add cheese. Serve when cheese is melted.
Storing and Reheating Keto Omelette
In general, eggs are best eaten freshly cooked. When reheated, they will tend to get a bit rubbery. If you do have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat, add them to a pan set over low heat. Cook just until heated through to avoid the rubbery texture.
Keto Omelette FAQs
What other vegetables can I add to this keto omelette?
The skies are the limit with fillings and toppings for this breakfast omelette. Feel free to use any and all vegetables you like. Just make sure they are low glycemic ones suitable for a ketogenic diet. Zucchini, spinach, kale, tomatoes, or even artichokes can be used in this low carb omelette recipe.
Can this keto omelette recipe be doubled?
Omelettes are truly best when made individually. You are able to customize fillings, toppings, and portions much easier. It is also very difficult to flip the omelette the larger in size that it is.
Do I have to use any vegetables or meat in this keto omelette?
Absolutely not! The great thing about omelettes is how you can customize them to your own needs and tastes. Feel free to just add cheese to your omelette if you prefer!Print
Loaded Western Keto Omelette
Load up on your favorite southwestern flavors and fuel your morning with this delicious keto omelette! It’s easy to make and great for busy mornings!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 omelet 1x
- 4 eggs
- 2 strips of bacon (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter or ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Optional Toppings- avocado, salsa, sour cream, cilantro, chives, parsley
- Heat a large skillet over low-medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the butter or ghee to the pan and saute onions and peppers until they are slightly tender. Remove onions and peppers from heat. Reduce flame to low.
- While vegetables are cooking add eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper to a large bowl. Whisk for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining butter to the pan and pour in the egg mixture, tilting the pan to spread into an even layer. When the bottom of the eggs are set and the top is slightly runny, add the vegetables, cheese, and crumbled bacon to one side of the egg circle. Carefully slide the omelette onto a plate, folding over to a half circle.
- Serving Size: 1 omelet
- Calories: 475
- Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 31g
Keywords: keto omelette