One of the most missed foods people tend to have on a ketogenic diet is bread. Sliced bread, garlic bread, dinner rolls, all of it is greatly missed. Instead of breaking up completely with all that carby goodness, it is always a good idea to have recipes on hand that can tame your craving for bread. This is one of those recipes. You will want to keep this keto seeded bread recipe in your back pocket and it will become a staple in your baking rotation.
The best part about this keto bread recipe is it is loaded with ingredients that are not only perfect for a ketogenic diet, but that also provide a ton of health benefits. Seeds typically have a wonderful nutritional profile. They are high in plant based protein, fiber, healthy fats, and many important vitamins and minerals. Seeds may be small, but they pack quite a punch when it comes to nutrition. You will fall more in love with this keto bread recipe with every slice you toast up and devour!
Keto Seed Bread Ingredients
- Almond Flour – fine or superfine almond meal
- Eggs – large, whole eggs
- Apple Cider Vinegar – activates the baking powder helping the bread to have a better rise
- Seeds – a variety of seeds such as pumpkin, chia, sesame, and flax
- Butter – melted, grass fed butter
How to Make Keto Seed Bread
Combine Dry Ingredients
Add almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and all of your seeds to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
Combine Wet Ingredients
Add eggs, melted butter, and apple cider vinegar to a large mixing bowl. Beat on high.
Combine Wet & Dry Ingredients
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in small additions.
Pour batter into a loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
Storing and Reheating Keto Seed Bread
This bread stores and freezes beautifully. Slice bread and cover tightly in plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can also freeze this bread for up to 30 days. To reheat from the fridge, place each slice in a toaster oven set to 3 minutes. To reheat frozen slices, let thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then add to the toaster oven and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Keto Seed Bread FAQs
Can I use different seeds in this recipe?
Yes! Feel free to add any mixture and combination of seeds and/or nuts that you like. For larger nuts and seeds, roughly chop them before adding to the dry ingredients.
Can I bake this keto bread recipe in a muffin pan?
Yes! Divide and pour batter into desired pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until edges are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center or each muffin.
Is this a good recipe to make and freeze ahead of time?
Yes! This recipe holds up well when stored in the freezer and reheated. This is a great one for meal prep as well and you can do a double loaf to freeze and keep for the future.Print
Keto Seed Bread
The search for a healthy keto friendly bread is over! This keto seed bread is loaded with flavor, texture, and all of the nutritional benefits you could ever ask for.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 slices 1x
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or non stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, add almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, chia seeds, sesame seeds, and pumpkin seeds. Whisk to combine.
- Add eggs to a large bowl or stand mixer. Beat on high speed for 1 minute. Pour in apple cider vinegar and melted butter, stir.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in three small batches.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until the edges have begun to turn golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Let cool before slicing and serving.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: keto seed bread