Keto ice cream is a delicious and healthy way to indulge in dessert while on the ketogenic diet.
This keto strawberry ice cream recipe uses strawberry collagen protein powder, which keeps your skin youthful and provides 5 grams of high-quality protein per serving of ice cream.
You can make this no-churn ice cream without an ice cream maker. It has five ingredients and it only takes ten minutes of hands-on time, making it a simple, tasty way to hit your keto goals.
What’s In Keto Strawberry Ice Cream?
This keto ice cream recipe couldn’t be easier. It contains:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Perfect Keto Strawberry Collagen
- Almond milk
- Vanilla extract
- Stevia or monk fruit
This low carb ice cream recipe is sugar-free, gluten-free, keto-friendly, and easy to make without an ice cream machine.
If you have a nut allergy or sensitivity, you can swap the almond milk for lactose-free cow’s milk, which tastes just like normal milk but has fewer grams of sugar and carbohydrates. The ice cream will still have low enough net carbs to fit into your keto diet.
Is Ice Cream Keto-Friendly?
Store-bought ice cream is not keto friendly because it contains a lot of sugar.
That said, ice cream is mostly fat, which makes it one of the easiest desserts to turn keto-friendly. This recipe tastes just like normal ice cream but it replaces sugar with a keto sweetener.
The result is creamy, full fat ice cream with low carb macros that are ideal for a keto diet.
Can You Make Dairy-Free Keto Ice Cream?
You can easily modify this recipe to be dairy-free. Just swap in coconut milk instead of heavy cream.
The ice cream will still be delicious, although it will have a slightly icier consistency and will taste more like coconut strawberry ice cream.
Extras and Add-Ins for Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
You can dress up this basic ice cream recipe by adding a few extras. Here are some of our favorites:
- Fresh strawberries. Chop them up fine and add them after mixing for an extra burst of strawberry flavor.
- Strawberry puree. Blend up fresh or frozen strawberries with a little bit of confectioner’s Swerve, erythritol, or another keto-friendly sweetener to make strawberry puree, then add it in with the heavy cream mixture when you first blend up your ice cream base.
- Cream cheese. For a strawberry cheesecake flavor, add a couple tablespoons of cream cheese to your cream mixture before blending. You can also use sour cream.
- Whipped cream. Top your ice cream with keto whipped cream for extra decadence.
- Egg yolks. Replace the almond milk with egg yolks for a richer, creamier ice cream.
Collagen: Great for Anti-Aging and Smooth, Hydrated Skin
The star of the show in this recipe is Perfect Keto Strawberry Collagen, which lends a fruity strawberry flavor and pleasing texture to the end product. But the benefits of collagen extend beyond flavor and texture.
Your skin is made largely of collagen protein. As you age, collagen production slows down, causing wrinkles and making your skin less supple.
However, studies show that taking a collagen supplement can increase collagen levels in your skin and reverse skin aging.
- A 2019 review found that taking collagen powders daily increased skin hydration, elasticity, and collagen density, and that collagen is a useful way to slow down or even reverse skin aging[*].
- A 2020 study found that taking collagen protein directly increases collagen production in your skin cells[*].
- A third study found that collagen increases hydration and elasticity, as well as skin smoothness[*].
The strawberry collagen powder in this recipe is a great way to improve your skin and get more high-quality protein in your diet.Print
Creamy Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
This rich, creamy keto strawberry ice cream recipe is high in protein and perfect for a ketogenic diet.
- Total Time: 10 minutes + freezing time
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or large mixing bowl. Mix until smooth and sweetener has mostly dissolved.
- Divide and portion mixture into 3 mason jars. Close jars and tighten lids.
- Shake each jar for 1-2 minutes and place them in the freezer for 4-6 hours. Shake jars for an additional minute every two hours until ice cream is set and desired consistency is achieved.
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 307
- Fat: 34g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Keto Strawberry Ice cream