Many people hear the word “treat” and may automatically think: sugar-load. For some keto-ers, treat is too close to cheat… and they don’t want to risk getting kicked out of ketosis. Not to worry—no need to feel guilty with these refreshing mint chip popsicles with micro greens. You get over 4 servings of fruits and veggies in each of these frozen treats, you can hit your keto macros, and cool down from the warm weather all at once!
Mmm, can you smell that refreshing aroma?! Mint is one of the most popular flavors with many varieties to name. From the most common, spearmint and peppermint, to chocolate mint, this versatile and fragrant herb offers many healing properties. It’s soothing and calming qualities are known to relieve a sore throat, it can be used as a home remedy for flatulence, upset stomach and indigestion, and can even reduce depression and fatigue. The aroma of mint alone can be enough to get your brain functioning at a high level again after a period of exhaustion, anxiety and/or depression.
Check out these other benefits mint provides:
- Ability to relax smooth muscle
- Low in calories
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Lowers risk of obesity
- Promotes proper digestion
- Alleviates nausea/motion sickness, fatigue and headeaches
- Relieves inflammation
- Used to treat respiratory issues
Fun Fact: In many cultures, mint symbolizes hospitality and has been offered as a sign of welcome and friendship to guests. In Ancient Greece, it was rubbed on tables to welcome visitors, and it was even used to clear out the air in homes.
With a fresh, crisp flavor that cools the taste buds, mint is commonly used in the culinary world to give many dishes a refreshing boost, and these popsicles are no exception. Let us know how yours turn out in the comments below.Print
Mint Chip Popsicles with Micro Greens
You don’t have to feel guilty about these frozen treats. With this mint chip popsicles with micro greens recipe, you get 4 servings of your fruits and veggies in each treat!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (room temp)
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 20 drops liquid stevia
- 1 scoop Perfect Keto Micro Greens
- Dash of cardamom
- 1 bar Lily’s Dark Chocolate Bar (stevia sweetened)
- Combine the coconut milk, mint leaves, stevia and scoop of micro greens in your blender.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Chop up the chocolate bar and add a few pieces to each popsicle mold. Then distribute the minty mix evenly between them as well, should be just enough to fill up 6 standard popsicle molds.
- Next, add in the remaining chocolate pieces to each mold.
- Add in the sticks and set in the freezer until hardened!
- Calories: 159
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 8.6
- Protein: 2.5
Keywords: mint chip popsicles with micro greens