Don’t know what to make for dinner? This easy one-pan, family-friendly chicken recipe is all you need to get a healthy dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes.
You can pair this perfectly crispy and flavorful chicken with a side salad, on top of zucchini noodles, or alongside some Italian seasoned veggies. Top it all with some extra virgin olive oil to get in those healthy fats on your ketogenic diet and this weeknight dinner is ready to go.
The main ingredients in this easy recipe include:
- Chicken breasts or chicken cutlets
- Parmesan cheese
- Almond flour
Even though this chicken is breaded, it’s absolutely keto-friendly. Traditional bread crumbs will not work on a keto diet because they have too many carbs that can kick you out of ketosis, but there are plenty of other gluten-free and keto-friendly options which provide the same crispy, golden brown crust. For this recipe, we’re using a combination of almond flour, seasonings, and flavorful parmesan cheese. Parmesan cheese also has some surprising health benefits you may not know about.
3 Benefits of Parmesan Cheese
#1: Boosts Bone Health
In general, cheese is a wonderful source of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamin D. These are crucial for bone growth, health, and maintenance. Calcium is essential for achieving peak bone mass. Just one ounce of parmesan cheese provides nearly 35% of the daily recommended value of calcium.
#2: Rich In Protein
This aged cheese is a rich source of protein and provides all nine essential amino acids that your body can’t produce on its own. You need protein for every function in your body, including immune responses, DNA repair, and connective tissue health. In addition, parmesan cheese functions as a prebiotic, which means it feeds the healthy bacteria in your gut.
One of the main issues people run into when starting a ketogenic diet is electrolyte imbalance. A lack of sodium, potassium, and magnesium can cause issues such as the keto flu. Parmesan cheese is rich in sodium, which is a vital mineral your body needs to function properly.
Parmesan cheese also provides a great texture and it’s a wonderful alternative to breadcrumbs with far more benefits than panko breadcrumbs. And if you want, you can even transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and finish it off in the oven for the juiciest baked parmesan-crusted chicken you will ever have.Print
Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 heaped teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts or 1 lb of chicken cutlets
- Combine almond flour, parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, Italian seasoning mix, and garlic powder in a small shallow dish. Whisk well. Add egg to a separate shallow dish and whisk until frothy.
- Lightly season chicken with remaining salt and pepper. Coat each chicken breast in egg mixture, then coat in flour mixture, shake off excess.
- Preheat a cast iron pan of large skillet and coat with olive oil and butter. Set to medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan and cook on each side for 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, fresh herbs, sliced mozzarella cheese, and low carb marinara sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 335
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 33g