Keto bakers have learned how to make everything from fudgy brownies to low-carb tortillas. And many have even mastered bread. But this isn’t your grandma’s loaf. Keto pastel bread is a fun, colorful take on cloud bread —and with just a few ingredients, you can make a batch in a matter of minutes.
Keto pastel bread is great if you’re looking for a keto-friendly dessert recipe and you’re tired of the standard keto fat bombs, cupcakes, cheesecake, and chocolate cake recipes. The best part? You can jazz up your pastel bread with keto nut butter and low-carb fruit for a colorful keto dessert.
Likewise, you can whip up some of this pastel bread to add to a keto meal as a tasty sweet starter for the table.
This sugar-free recipe is also grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo-friendly, making it a perfect addition to any dinner table.
This easy low-carb pastel bread is:
The main ingredients are:
Optional additional low-carb keto ingredients
- Chopped pecans
- Sugar-free chocolate chips
- Sugar-free cream cheese frosting
What Is Pastel Cloud Bread?
The latest craze on TikTok takes traditional cloud bread (typically made with egg whites, sugar, and cornstarch) and adds a little colorful fun.
Of course, this version made for the keto diet omits the sugar and finds its sweetness with alternatives like monk fruit or stevia.
Health Benefits of Pastel Keto Cloud Bread
#1: Rich In Protein
Most bread recipes are high in carbs and low in protein and fat. These colorful little rolls, however, are the perfect addition to your keto lifestyle. With five grams of protein coming from egg whites, you can have your cake (or bread) and eat it too.
Egg protein is considered the gold standard of protein sources due to its high digestibility score along with its amino acid profile — so eat up[*].
#2: Incredibly Low In Calories
If weight loss is one of your goals for being in ketosis, then it’s important that you stay aware of your caloric intake.
One of the benefits of cloud bread is that it provides you with a bread-like alternative that’s virtually calorie-free. How low in cals are we talking? Each roll contains only 33 calories.
Unlike most keto bread recipes that include almond flour, coconut flour, and other high-calorie ingredients, this low-carb bread keeps it simple with egg whites and cornstarch. That means you can save your calories for additions like butter, spreads, or whatever else you’d like to add to your cloud bread.
Easy Keto Pastel Bread
The best low-carb recipes are the ones that deliver big taste in a little time. Traditional low-carb recipes like mug cake and muffins are fantastic, but sometimes you need to switch it up a little and add some color to your plate. If your meal plan is getting stale, it’s time to try a little keto pastel bread.
How To Make Keto Pastel Bread
This easy recipe is made with just four simple ingredients: egg whites, a sweetener, cornstarch, and food coloring. Are you ready to whip up some keto pastel bread?
Begin by preheating your oven to 300° F and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Next, in a large bowl or stand mixer (must be very clean and dry), add your egg whites and beat on high for 30 -45 seconds until they’re frothy.
Slowly add monk fruit or stevia, and whip for an additional 30 seconds until dissolved.
Slowly sprinkle in arrowroot or cornstarch and beat until the mixture retains stiff peaks. You can also add a couple of drops of food coloring at this point.
Divide your mix into two portions and scoop them onto your prepared baking dish, shaping into small mounds.
Finally, bake for 22-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center of each roll.
Tips For Preparing Keto Pastel Bread:
- You can use a hand mixer if that’s all you have, but this method can be time-consuming and tiring to your arm. If you have one, go for an electric mixer.
- Be sure to use natural food coloring instead of artificial. You can find natural products online or at stores like Whole Foods. Artificial colors are made with chemicals (not food), which you want to avoid at all costs.
- There are a ton of different ways to serve your keto pastel bread. Some ideas include:
- Serve with butter or mozzarella as part of a brunch spread.
- Use the rolls to make egg sandwiches for a fun keto breakfast.
- Serve along with some keto dips or sauces.
- Make it a low-carb dessert with sweetened fillings like blueberries and strawberries, or drizzle with some keto caramel.
- Add some crunch with some crispy pork rinds.
Pastel Keto Bread
Add ingredients like chocolate chips or blueberries to your pastel keto bread for a fun keto dessert alternative to mug cake, cheesecake, or chocolate cake.
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 rolls 1x
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer (must be very clean and dry), add egg whites. Beat on high for 30 to 45 seconds until frothy.
- Slowly add monk fruit or stevia, whip for an additional 30 seconds until dissolved.
- Slowly sprinkle in arrowroot or cornstarch and beat until mixture retains stiff peaks. You can also add a couple of drops of food coloring if you like.
- Divide into two portions and scoop onto the prepared baking dish. Shape into small mounds.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center of each roll.
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 33
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g (Net: 7g)
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 5g