Jump to recipe
Whether you’re hosting a brunch or just looking for a new keto breakfast recipe, these delicious and flavorful keto tacos are sure to be a hit. The grain-free, gluten-free tortillas are made with 100% cheese, giving you a rich and savory flavor with a crispy texture.
Fill them with whatever you like; eggs, beef, bacon, avocado, hot sauce, you can’t go wrong. This breakfast tacos recipe is:
Optional additional ingredients
- Sour cream
- Ground beef
Health Benefits of Keto Breakfast Tacos
Packed With Protein
In addition to its satiating effect, protein is a crucial nutrient for weight management. It helps preserve your muscle mass (the most metabolically active tissue in your body) and has a high thermic effect — which means you burn more calories when you breakdown and absorb protein than you do any other macronutrient.
These tacos come packed with 23 grams of protein per taco coming from eggs, cheese, and bacon[*].
Rich In Omega-9s
Avocados are an excellent source of omega-9 monounsaturated fatty acids. This type of fat is considered essential because your body doesn’t make it on its own — which is why many people supplement with omega-9.
In addition to rounding out the fatty acid profile of your diet, research shows that omega-9s are anti-inflammatory as they help to modulate your immune response so that it works for you, not against you[*].
Keto Breakfast Tacos
How To Make Low-Carb Breakfast Tacos
Keto Breakfast Taco Shell
To make the delicious cheesy taco shells begin by heating a large skillet over medium-low heat. Next, place ¼ cup of cheese in small mounds onto the skillet and let the cheese melt and cook until the bottoms and edges become golden brown.
Once the shell looks good and ready, remove it from the skillet and let it cool slightly. When it’s cool enough to handle with your hands, shape it into a taco shell. Set aside and let cool completely. Repeat for each additional shell.
Keto Breakfast Taco Fillings
You can add whatever keto-friendly Mexican-inspired ingredients you like to your cheesy taco shells. If you’re following this recipe, you’ll fill the shells with:
- Scrambled eggs
- Garnish with green onion or cilantro if desired
Some other options (not included in this particular) include:Print
Cheesy Breakfast Tacos
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 tacos 1x
- Make cheese taco shells by heating a large skillet over low-medium heat. Place ¼ cup measurements of cheese in small mounds onto the skillet. Let melt and cook until the bottoms and edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool slightly. When they are cool enough to handle with your hands, shape them into a taco shell. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Turn the heat down to low and add 1 tablespoon of butter onto the pan. Pour in eggs and slowly cook, stirring every 30 seconds until light and fluffy. Turn off heat.
- Build breakfast tacos by adding eggs, avocado, salsa, and bacon to cheese shells. Garnish with green onion or cilantro if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 398
- Fat: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 5g (2g net)
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 23g
Keywords: keto breakfast tacos