Who hasn’t made pizza the food of choice for birthday parties, teen gatherings on a Friday night, or that Sunday afternoon football game? I know I have. Everyone loves pizza, but now with this delicious cheesy meatza supreme, your pizza enjoyment will rise to another level. Filled with delicious and healthy ingredients like grass fed ground beef, italian sausage, or ground turkey, and veggies, this pizza will fill that gluten free, keto frenzy in a heartbeat. Top it off with any of your favorite vegetables or pepperoni and your taste buds will be screaming with delight. The deep flavor of the blend of spices like basil, oregano, thyme and parsley will leave your tummy wanting for nothing. Make your party a topic of conversation and be the toast of the party with these simple ingredients, and Friday nights will continue to be a blast!
This flavor packed pie is a taste of Italy with all of the healthful ingredients that delight the healthy indulgence for anyone looking for a keto friendly option for pizza. This cheesy ketogenic meatza supreme pizza crust has all the pop and fun of any Friday night pizza, with none of the things that make pizza unfriendly to those with health and low carbs in mind. Whether you like it hot or mild, zesty or plain, the delicious ingredients in this crust will keep the keto in your keto diet, So if you are a meat lover, meet the cheesy meatza supreme and keep that Friday night indulgence in complete control.
Meatza is the one of the biggest new trends in low carb and keto friendly pizza. Instead of a traditional crust that is made from flour and full of carbohydrates, meatza is typically made of ground meats and seasonings. This is a great alternative to satisfy any pizza craving!
- Italian Sausage – Use mild Italian ground sausage (remove from casing). You can also use HOT sausage if you prefer extra heat.
- Ground Turkey – 85/15 ground turkey will help keep the “crust” flavorful
- Egg – one large room temperature egg will help bind the meats together
- Italian seasoning blend – you can purchase a premixed blend of spices that usually include basil, oregano, thyme, and/or parsley
- Mozzarella Cheese – whole milk, shredded mozzarella
- Marinara Sauce – no sugar added marinara sauce in any flavor you prefer
- Toppings – use any desired vegetables or pepperoni to add more texture and flavor
Lighten up the crust even more by using shredded chicken. In order for it to bind together better, use two eggs instead of one and add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese to cooked chicken.
Instead of using ground turkey, try grass fed ground beef. This will give a richer flavor and provide additional healthy fats and extra nutrients.
How to Make Cheesy Meatza Supreme
Prepare meatza “crust” by combining sausage, ground turkey, seasonings, and eggs. Press onto a baking sheet and form into a thin, round circle. Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove meatza crust from the oven and top with cheese, marinara sauce, and desired toppings.
Broil or roast until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
What toppings can I put on my meatza?
Use your favorite meatza pizza toppings! We love adding slightly blanched, raw, or roasted vegetables for flavor and texture. Turn this low carb pizza into a meat lovers delight by adding crumbled sausage, pepperoni, and bacon.
Can I freeze meatza?
Yes! Wrap any unused portions tightly in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container. This can be stored in the freezer for up to two months. To use, let thaw in the fridge overnight then reheat in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
How do I store meatza leftovers?
Any unused portions of this meatza recipe should be tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in a airtight container. It can stay in your fridge for up to five days. Reheat by placing slices on a parchment lined baking sheet and baking in 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes.Print
Cheesy Keto Meatza Supreme
Enjoy that pizza craving in a healthier way by baking this cheesy meatza supreme. It will become the only pizza you ever want on your keto diet!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoons mixed Italian seasoning blend (basil, oregano, thyme)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup low sugar marinara or pizza sauce
- Toppings of choice (pepperoni, bell peppers, onions, black olives, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add sausage, ground turkey, seasoning, salt, and egg to a large bowl. Work ingredients with your hands to combine.
- Transfer mixture to your baking sheet and press into a large, thin circle. You can place another piece of parchment over the meat and use a rolling pin as well to flatten it evenly. This will help it cook faster.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully drain off excess drippings with a paper towel.
- Top with marinara sauce, cheese, and desired toppings.
- Switch your oven to broil and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with additional seasonings, parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes if desired. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 274
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 19g