This first meal of the day is even more special when chocolate is involved. These chocolate chips muffins are moist, fluffy, easy to prepare, and can even be baked ahead of time for meal prep so you can enjoy them any day of the week.
The main ingredients in these muffins include:
- Coconut flour
- Cream cheese
One of the best options for keto baking is coconut flour because it adds a lot of volume to recipes, it’s low in carbs, and packed with vitamins and minerals.
3 Health Benefits of Coconut Flour
#1: Improves Digestive Health
The fiber from coconut flour can improve your digestion and keep you regular. Coconut flour contains 5 times more fiber than regular wheat flour.
#2: Keeps Your Blood Sugar Stable
Coconut flour can support healthy blood sugar levels. Due to its high nutrient density and fiber content, it also helps to increase satiety and reduce hunger.
#3: Aids in Metabolism
One of the many health benefits of coconut flour is how rich it is in healthy fats. It contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCTs), which provide quick energy and support a healthy metabolism. They also have strong antibacterial and antiviral properties which aid in protecting your body against bacteria and viruses.
Using coconut flour is also a great keto baking option for those with nut allergies. It’s richer in fiber, nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and lower in omega 6 fatty acids compared other nut flours. Baked goods are typically more dense and moist when coconut flour is involved.
When hunger strikes in the morning, these fluffy chocolate chip muffins taste just like real deal but won’t kick you out of ketosis.Print
Fluffy Chocolate Chip Keto Muffins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Monk fruit or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a mini cupcake pan (12) with liners or coat with non stick spray. Add all dry ingredients to a small bowl, whisk well.
- Add butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract to a stand mixer or large bowl. Cream until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time, mix between additions.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Pour in milk and mix just until incorporated and smooth. Fold in chocolate chips. Divide and portion batter into prepared cupcake pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center of each muffin.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 88
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 2g
- Protein: 2g