Most cereal you see in the grocery store these days is high in carbs and contains some questionable ingredients that could be extremely damaging to your health. This makes most cereals you see not only inedible for those following a low carb or ketogenic diet, but they’re also damaging to your average individual as well.
Some of the more popular cereals today are made up of ingredients such as added sugars, hydrogenated oils, GMOs, glyphosate, and artificial food dyes. Hydrogenated oils are very different than the oils recommended on a ketogenic diet. Glyphosate is another word you should avoid. Glyphosate is a type of herbicide. In fact, it’s one of the most popular herbicides in the world — and possibly one of the most dangerous as well. It has even been categorized as a “probable carcinogen”.
Thinking you have to say goodbye to cereal all together? Think again.
This coconut cluster keto cereal is a great homemade version of a cereal full of healthy fats, so you’re sure to be satiated and fulfilled with your favorite breakfast dish. What makes this keto cereal so good for you? Some of the main ingredients to this crunchy bowl of goodness include:
- Hemp hearts
- Shredded coconut
- Pumpkin seeds
- Perfect Keto MCT Oil Powder
The crispy, crunchy texture shredded coconut provides isn’t the only reason it’s a vital ingredient of this cereal. Shredded coconut is high in protein and fiber as well as iron and zinc. Other benefits of coconut flakes include their ability to improve healthy brain function, decrease cholesterol levels and improve the health of muscles and other connective tissues.
Worried about having to choose between getting kicked out of ketosis or giving up your favorite breakfast meal? No such decision is necessary. Now you can enjoy this keto coconut cluster cereal while maintaining ketosis and following your keto macro goals without any stress.
Crunchy Coconut Cluster Keto Cereal
This tasty coconut cluster keto cereal recipe is low carb and packed with all the healthy fats you could imagine to start your day off right.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 scoops Perfect Keto MCT oil powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk the egg white in a separate bowl until frothy and slowly pour it in to the dry mix and you mix.
- Transfer the mix to the sheet pan and flatten to a ¼ inch thick mass.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven, use a spatula to break up the mass into clusters and chunks and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool and serve with your choice of milk. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Calories: 525
- Fat: 43g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 22g
Keywords: coconut cluster keto cereal
Cristina Curp is the creative mind behind The Castaway Kitchen, a blog dedicated to delicious foods and healing diets. Food is thy medicine and it should taste damn good.