One of the best ways to stay on the keto diet is to keep your pantry stocked with low-carb items. This includes whole foods like meat, eggs, and nuts and convenience options like ready-to-eat snacks and canned foods.
For individuals who regularly go to Costco, it’s good to know which Costco keto options to include on your grocery list. This is especially true if you buy food in bulk (because you’re feeding a large family, trying to save money, or simply want to limit your trips to the supermarket).
This article will show you how to shop keto at Costco in every category possible so that you can thrive on this way of eating.
Fresh meat, poultry, eggs, and non-starchy veggies and fruits are must-have foods on the keto diet. They’re excellent sources of quality protein and fats, plus vitamins and minerals — vitamins A, B, C, K, potassium, iron, magnesium, and more (*).
Other staples include cooking oils like olive oil and coconut oil, cheeses, and coffee (which is great for intermittent fasting).
- USDA Choice Beef Top Sirloin Steak
- Northfork Bison Trio of Ground Meats (Bison, Elk, and Wild Boar)
- Authentic Wagyu Japanese A5 Ground Beef
- D’Artagnan Green Circle Chicken Thigh & Drum Combo Pack
- Northwest Fish Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Fillets
- Rastelli Antibiotic-Free Pork Bacon
- Napa Valley Naturals USDA Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Folgers Classic Roast Ground Coffee
When looking for these keto products at Costco, if possible, go for grass-fed, hormone, and antibiotic-free varieties. They may be pricier than conventionally raised meats, but they’re better for your health in the long run (* , *).
While you should be meeting your micronutrient intake by eating mostly whole foods, sometimes, canned foods can save time on meal prep.
Also, plenty of canned goods can help you meet your protein and fat macros, such as tuna and sardines. But always be sure to check the nutrition label to avoid going over your daily carb limit, which is 50 grams or less.
- Harvest Creek Pulled Pork In Water
- Del Monte Cut Green Beans
- Season Skinless & Boneless Sardines in Olive Oil
- Chicken of the Sea Chunk Light Premium Tuna in Water
Frozen veggies, meatballs, burger patties, and deli meats tend to be cheaper than their fresh counterparts and have a longer shelf life. Feel free to add these keto foods Costco items as part of your meal plan. You can also have them as snacks if you like!
- Kirkland Signature Stir-Fry Vegetable Blend
- VIA Farm-Raised Raw Shrimp, Tail-Off, Peeled, Deveined
- Trident Seafoods Alaskan Salmon Burgers
- Kirkland Signature 1/4 lb Ground Beef Hamburger Patties
- Fratelli Beretta All Natural Prosciutto
- Kirkland Signature Meatballs
- Three Bridges Bacon & Cheese Egg Bites
- Texas Smokehouse Sausage Links, Jalapeno and Cheddar
- OH SNAP! Pickling Co. Dilly Bites
- Azuma Gourmet Seaweed Salad
Take note that frozen and processed items, in general, may contain added sugars and other additives to improve their taste and texture. You’ll want to make a habit of reading food labels if you’re trying to keep your keto diet as clean as possible.
Snacking is fine on the keto diet and can be very helpful if you feel hungry in the middle of the day or after a workout. Even when you’re limiting your carb intake, there are lots of keto snack options available, such as beef jerky, cheese slices, nuts, and seaweed.
- Jack Link’s Original Beef Jerky
- Kirkland Signature Unsalted Mixed Nuts (Almonds, Pecans, Pistachios, Cashews)
- Ocean’s Halo Organic Seaweed Snack (Variety Pack)
- Kirkland Signature Whole Dried Blueberries
- Bouchard Belgian Napolitains Premium Dark Chocolate (72% Cacao)
- Tillamook Medium Cheddar Snacking Cheese
- ParmCrisps Snack Mix
- Spitz Cracked Pepper Sunflower Seeds
Some Costco keto snacks — like Kirkland Signature’s whole dried blueberries — can kick you out of ketosis if you’re not careful about serving sizes. Be sure to check how many grams of carbs are there in one serving. You can then reduce or increase the serving so that it fits your carb allowance along with the rest of your meals for the day.
If you’re wondering whether you can eat dairy on keto, the answer is yes. However, not all dairy is equal since some dairy products contain more carbohydrates than others. For instance, while butter or ghee has zero carbs, cream cheese has 1 gram of carb per serving. Oftentimes, the carb count changes depending on the processing involved.
Here are some of the best dairy choices at Costco. Use them to add a bit of flavor to your meals, especially meats, casseroles, and soups.
- Cheswick Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter
- Nanak Pure Desi Ghee, Clarified Butter
- Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese
Avoid dairy products with flavors, such as chocolate milk and sweetened yogurts. Costco has them but unfortunately, they’ll easily kick you out of ketosis.
Baking on keto involves replacing regular wheat flour with almond flour or coconut flour and using low-carb ingredients like cocoa powder, stevia, butter, coconut milk, and almond milk. Costco has a wide selection of these baking items that can make cookies, muffins, and cakes.
- Kirkland Signature Almond Flour
- Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa Powder
- So Delicious Organic Coconut Milk
- Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, Unsweetened Vanilla
- Stevia in the Raw Zero Calorie Sweetener
Tip: Scroll back to the “dairy at Costco” section (just right above this one) and use some of the dairy items like butter and cream cheese for delicious baking recipes, unless you’re doing keto without dairy!
In addition, you may also check out Perfect Keto’s collagen powders that make ice cream, smoothies, and bread loaves.
Condiments, dressings, and sauces are a great way to add flavor to your meats, salads, low-carb chips, and pasta. The key is to find options that are naturally low in carbohydrates. One to two servings of these Costco choices can keep you within your daily limit:
- Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- Hidden Valley Ranch Homestyle Seasoning, Dip and Salad Dressing Mix
- Kirkland Signature Organic Tomato Sauce
- Kirkland Signature Imported Basil Pesto
- Yucatan Authentic Guacamole
Granola isn’t normally keto-friendly since it’s made of a combination of rolled oats, honey, chocolate chips, fruits, and other sweeteners. But one thing that makes Costco a favorite among keto dieters is that it carries granola products with just 2-3 grams of net carbs per serving. Currently, they have two options:
If you’re craving something crunchy and salty, you may try these crackers. Compared to regular crackers, these can fit your daily keto plan as long as you get the serving size right.
For example, eating 17 crackers or 30 grams of Simple Mills gives you 16 grams of net carbs, so you can have 8 crackers instead to get only 8 grams of net carbs. Meanwhile, you can have 23 pieces of Whisps cheese crisps while consuming only 1 gram of carb, plus 13 grams of protein.
Below are some more items that include keto-friendly seeds, seasonings, broth, an electrolyte drink, and a pack of sugar-free gum to freshen your breath (in case you get keto breath)!
- Yupik Organic Hulled Hemp Hearts
- Mayorga Organics Chia Seeds
- McCormick Perfect Pinch, Lemon & Pepper Seasoning
- Kirkland Signature Pure Sea Salt
- Jongga Kimchi, Sliced Napa Cabbage
- Swanson Chicken Broth
- Gatorade Zero with Protein
- Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, Unsweetened Vanilla
- Dentyne Ice Sugar-Free Gum, Peppermint
Use this keto shopping list Costco as a helpful guide to start and stay on the keto diet if you’re a member at Costco. As you can see, Costco has nearly everything you need to prepare healthy low-carb meals, eat snacks, make desserts — and basically be able to make a ketogenic lifestyle more convenient for you and your family.
When shopping at Costco or anywhere, strive to get a variety of fresh items to meet your body’s nutritional needs. Furthermore, to avoid consuming more carbs than you need (and added sugars), always read labels on packaged keto foods.