Everybody loves spinach
Spinach is one of the hero veggies in the keto diet. It’s got zero carbs raw and only 3.9g net carbs per 100g cooked, and it packs a punch in Vitamins, A, C, K, E, B2, B6, folate, calcium, iron, manganese, potassium. If that didn’t make you out of breath, continue the list to fiber, phosphorous, zinc, choline, and protein and vitamin B1. Expecting and breastfeeding moms are always told to eat spinach. Bodybuilders do a Popeye and eat spinach.
Intermittent fasting veterans (and beginners) who do the famed cream cheese fast now and then (to either jumpstart their ketosis or get back into it) add spinach and celery to their cheese for texture and flavor it with spices. Yum.
Happy gut, healthy body
Dairy has a lot of nutrients, although yes, it can be tough for some people’s stomachs. We recommend you record your reactions to dairy in a food journal so you can keep track of exactly which kind triggers what sort of upset. If it’s only gas and you’re staying at home anyway, you’re golden, right? Unless the smell is so horrific it could be grounds for divorce…
For this recipe, you can use cultured cream cheese for a lactose-intolerant tummy– yours or someone else’s. The ghee, also tummy-friendly, would add another dimension of flavor. But you can use either butter or ghee!Print
Delicious and nutritious is what we like on the keto diet. This creamed spinach recipe will certainly pack a punch with its powerhouse list of nutrients.
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 pound raw baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces lactose free cream cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the ghee and the garlic.
- Put in the spinach and cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes to wilt the spinach quickly.
- Open the lid and stir well. Add in the salt, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Once all of the spinach is wilted, keep stirring until the spinach are dark green and releasing liquid.
- Stir until the liquid evaporates and then mix in the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Serve right away!
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: creamed spinach