Although fruits like oranges are not considered very ketogenic diet friendly, it’s actually quite easy to get all of those amazing citrus flavors without going overboard on your carbohydrates for the day.
With a little help from a few special ingredients, this green smoothie will not only get your body loaded up on with a large amount of micronutrients and vitamin C for the day, but it will also quench your citrus taste buds.
The main ingredients in this smoothie:
- Orange zest
- Lemon juice
- Perfect Keto Micros Greens Powder
Vitamin C is such an important nutrient that our bodies need. It’s required for the growth and development of all body tissues, it’s involved in a wide variety of functions in the body such as absorption of iron, formation of collagen, wound healing, and improving the immune system. Vitamin C acts as a major antioxidant which helps reduce the oxidative stress in the body as well. Getting adequate vitamin C is crucial for our health. Fortunately, for those on a ketogenic diet there are sources other than oranges and grapefruit to get in that daily goal like broccoli, kale, and brussel sprouts. However, there is a way to get a wonderful and rich orange flavor without using any carb filled juices.
The best way to get a very concentrated citrus flavor without the extra carbohydrates is to simply use the zest of oranges, lemon, grapefruit, and limes. Not only do the zest and rind hold most of the flavor, but they also contains other vitamins, fiber, pectin, minerals, and rich oils. These concentrated flavors will boost your nutrient density and provide that citrus flavor that you may have been been missing on a ketogenic diet.
Another source of great flavor and a big boost of vitamins in this smoothie is Perfect Keto Micros Greens Powder. One little scoop is filled with a huge variety of nutrients including:
- 26 organic vegetables and fruit (minus the carbs of course)
- MCT Oil Powder for better absorption and energy
- Liver support enzymes to properly deliver nutrients where they need to go
- Digestive enzymes for the body to assimilate and utilize nutrients more effectively
- Inositol for brain function, fat breakdown, and and insulin regulation
Do not hesitate to make this smoothie the next time you are craving something light, refreshing, and full of citrus flavor. Your taste buds and your body will thank you.Print
Citrus Keto Green Smoothie
This refreshing low carb citrus keto green smoothie will tickle your tastebuds and help boost your energy levels for a productive day.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: N/A
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 10 ounces
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
- 8 oz milk of choice
- 1 scoop Perfect Keto Micronutrients Greens Powder in Orange
- 1 tbsp Perfect Keto C8 MCT oil
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 handful ice
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthum gum (if desired, makes the smoothie thicker)
- 1 handful of spinach (if desired)
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and mix on high until smooth.
- Serving Size: 10 ounces
- Calories: 207
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: green smoothie