The best chili recipes combine traditional Mexican flavors with a variety of vegetables for a perfectly well-rounded taste and texture.
If this is your first time making chili, be prepared to be amazed — all the flavor, none of the carbs, what more could you ask for?
This chili recipe also reheats well, so make a big batch that you can enjoy throughout the week.
This Instant Pot chili recipe is:
The main ingredients are:
- Grass-fed ground beef
- Bell peppers
Optional additional ingredients:
- Garlic powder
- Hot sauce
Health Benefits of Instant Pot Chili
Getting protein in regularly not only keeps you satisfied, but it may also help you lose weight and maintain muscle mass[*]. The problem, however, is that not all protein is created equally. This is especially true when it comes to animal sources.
This recipe calls for grass-fed beef, which is one of the most important things to look for when purchasing meat. Grass-fed beef is higher in healthy fats like omega-3s and CLA, and it means that the cows were able to roam around the land consuming grass and insects instead of being forced to cheaper forms of nourishment like grains[*].
Browse our curated collection of fan-favorites and discover your new favorite snack or supplement.Shop Best Sellers
Plenty Of Veggies
Getting your veggies in can be a hassle if you’re not a big fan. That’s why finding recipes like this one takes a load off your mind. Celery, pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes, this recipe has it all — not to mention all those nutrient-rich herbs and spices.
Instant Pot Chili Cooking Tips
To begin, remove the lid from your Instant Pot and press SAUTE function +10 minutes.
Add olive oil, onions, celery, and bell pepper to the bottom of the pot, and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Then add the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
Next, add the ground beef, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and cayenne. Cook for 3-5 minutes until browned.
Once browned, stir in the tomato paste, tomatoes, broth, parsley, and bay leaves. Turn Instant Pot OFF, then press MANUAL +15 minutes to allow the chili to finish cooking.
When the timer goes off, carefully release the pressure and stir the chili.
How Long Does it Take To Cook Chili In An Instant Pot?
A typical chili recipe will take anywhere between 45 minutes and an hour and a half. This recipe, however, only takes 25 minutes. That’s the blessing of using a pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
All you need is ten minutes to saute, and then about fifteen minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
How To Thicken Chili In An Instant Pot
If you want to thicken your chili, even more, extend the time you have it on manual. You can also choose to use a little less bone broth.
Tips For Instant Pot Chili
- You can switch up the meat option with ground turkey, pork, or ground chicken.
- Many stores carry lean ground beef as an option; for this recipe, look for ground beef that isn’t “lean.” However, if all you can find it lean, that will work.
- Most people make chili with chili beans like black beans, pinto beans or red kidney beans. While they do give a nice texture, this recipe skips the beans in the name of carbs.
- Finish off your chili with a dollop of sour cream, cheddar cheese, avocado, or cilantro.
Instant Pot Chili
This Instant Pot chili is the best chili recipe if you’re eating low-carb. Just add your ground beef, cumin, chili powder, etc. and you’re good to go.
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or bacon fat
- 1/2 cup onion (finely diced)
- 1 green or red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 2 stalks celery (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup bone broth or beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley (roughly chopped)
- Remove the lid from Instant Pot and press SAUTE function +10 minutes.
- Add olive oil, onions, celery, and bell pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add ground beef, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and cayenne. Cook for 3-5 minutes until browned.
- Stir in tomato paste, tomatoes, broth, parsley, and bay leaves. Turn Instant Pot OFF, then press MANUAL +15 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, carefully release pressure and stir chili. Serve over cauliflower rice and add desired toppings (bacon, avocado, cheese, sour cream, green onions, etc.)
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 219
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 4g (2g)
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 20g