With a cooking time of just under an hour, this pot roast recipe provides a no-fuss way to bring a flavorful, and nutrient-dense dish to the table for the whole family.
Using a pressure cooker like the Instant Pot, you can take the guesswork out of pot roast, so this delicious dish can become a staple instead of a once in a while decadence.
Of course, this keto-friendly instant pot roast skips the baby carrots and red potatoes but opts instead for low-carb favorites like yellow onions, mushrooms, celery.
This Instant Pot pot roast recipe is:
The main ingredients are:
- Perfect Keto Collagen Unflavored
- Bone broth
- Beef chuck roast
Optional additional ingredients:
- Beef broth
- Olive oil
- Onion powder
Health Benefits of This Instant Pot Pot Roast
Supports Joint Health
Collagen is a key protein for joint health; it makes up the majority of your connective tissue — including the cartilage that keeps your joints moving smoothly. In this pot roast, you’ll get collagen not only from the collagen powder but from the bone broth as well.
As you age, your collagen stores naturally start to decline. The same can happen with overuse as an athlete, which can lead to issues like osteoarthritis and joint pain. Research shows that when you consume collagen, it can help combat some of the adverse effects of overuse and aging, and may keep your joints healthier longer[*].
Browse our curated collection of fan-favorites and discover your new favorite snack or supplement.Shop Best Sellers
One of the benefits of Instant Pot recipes is that by putting all your ingredients into one pot, you don’t lose any of the crucial water-soluble vitamins. This recipe is packed with veggies that bring a myriad of nutrients to the table.
Onions contain the B vitamins biotin and vitamin B6, while celery is a rich source of vitamin K, and also contains folic acid. Mushrooms are rich in the B vitamins niacin and riboflavin, while turnips contribute an abundance of vitamin C — almost 45% of your daily needs[*][*][*][*].
Pair your pot roast with a glass of low-carb red wine, and enjoy this tasty comfort food in style.
To begin, season your chuck roast with sea salt, black pepper, and thyme.
Next, it’s time for some searing. Set the Instant Pot to the saute setting, add ghee or avocado oil to the bottom of the pot, and sear the meat until browned.
Once the meat is browned turn Instant Pot off and add the broth, collagen, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and coconut aminos and stir to combine.
Now, it’s time for some pressure cooking.
Add the lid to your Instant Pot and lock it, turn the pressure release to seal, and press the meat button, making sure the time is set to 45 minutes, then quickly release pressure.
Once the pressure cooking is finished, add the remaining vegetables, making sure they’re covered with liquid, and place the lid on and make sure the valve is switched to “seal.”
Cook for ten more minutes and allow for a natural release of the remaining pressure for 10-15 minutes.
You can keep your pot roast in the Instant Pot to keep warm or transfer it to a serving dish.
Some people like to shred the beef roast before serving, but you can also serve it with large chunks of beef as well.
For even more flavor, drizzle some olive oil on your finished dish.
Any broth will work, even low-sodium varieties will do the trick for this recipe.Print
Quick and Easy Instant Pot Pot Roast
This Instant Pot pot roast recipe makes a great weeknight meal for the whole family. Let your instant pot take the guesswork out of this comfort food.
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- One, 3-pound chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic power
- 1 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- 2–3 cups bone broth
- 1 scoop Perfect Keto Unflavored collagen
- 1 tablespoon keto-friendly tomato paste (optional*)
- 1 tablespoon keto-friendly worcestershire sauce (optional*)
- ½ tablespoon coconut aminos
- ¼ small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 turnip, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- Season the chuck roast with sea salt, black pepper, and thyme.
- Set Instant Pot to saute, add ghee or avocado oil, and sear the meat until browned.
- Turn Instant Pot off, add the broth, collagen, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and coconut aminos, stirring to combine.
- Add the lid and lock it, turn the pressure release to seal, and press the meat button, making sure the time is set to 45 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Add the remaining vegetables, making sure they’re covered with liquid, place the lid on and make sure the valve is switched to “seal.”
- Cook for 10 more minutes and allow the pressure to naturally release for 10-15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 257.15
- Fat: 9.2g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5g (Net: 2.5g)
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 40g