One of the benefits of Asian dishes is that they’re usually gluten-free and dairy-free and can easily be made low-carb. The problem is that most Thai and Chinese takeout is filled with MSG and low-quality oils.
This cashew chicken recipe comes in to hit the spot for your Chinese stir-fry cravings while offering high-quality ingredients and the ideal keto-friendly macros.
It’s also one of the easiest dinner recipes to whip up on busy weeknights.
This low-carb cashew chicken stir fry is:
The main ingredients include:
- Avocado oil
- Chili paste
Optional additional ingredients
- Green beans
Health Benefits of Keto Cashew Chicken
Rich in Mono and Polyunsaturated Fats
If you’re following a keto diet, you already know about the benefits of fat. Just like anything in nutrition, however, variety is key. This recipe is packed with healthy fats coming from a variety of sources.
Acquiring your fat from different sources means that you’ll get a variety of other nutrients that come along for the ride.
Avocado oil is rich in monounsaturated fats, while cashews offer both polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, and sesame oil is a great source of linoleic acid (another polyunsaturated fat)[*][*][*].
Offers A Variety Of Veggies
Different vegetables come with unique nutrients. For instance, broccoli is an excellent source of sulforaphane, which is a potent antioxidant. Red bell pepper, on the other hand, is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. And onion is packed with quercetin, which has both anti-inflammatory and immune benefits[*][*][*].
Keto Cashew Chicken
Keto Cashew Chicken Sauce
Most cashew chicken sauce recipes are loaded with sugar, but this keto version does things a little differently. Instead of using a store-bought sauce, you’ll be making your own delicious and flavorful sauce with:
- Monk fruit
- Chicken stock
- Chili paste
- Liquid aminos (a soy sauce alternative)
How To Make Keto Cashew Chicken
As delicious as this recipe is, it’s surprisingly easy to pull together.
Begin by grabbing a large saute pan or wok and setting it over medium heat. Add your cashews to the pan and toast until they’re fragrant (agitating the pan occasionally to prevent burning). When your cashews are golden brown, remove them from the heat and place them to the side.
Next, add the chicken to a large bowl and coat with arrowroot, salt, and pepper.
Add one tablespoon of avocado oil to the saute pan or wok and heat to medium-high.
Once the pan is hot, add your chicken in a single layer giving each piece space to brown properly. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown and then transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining avocado oil to your pan along with ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Next, add all of your vegetables and saute for 5-7 minutes until tender.
Return the chicken to the pan with vegetables and add coconut aminos, chili paste, chicken stock, and monk fruit. Toss together and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Finally, remove the pan from heat and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired. Serve over cauliflower rice.Print
Weeknight Keto Cashew Chicken
If you’re a fan of Asian cuisine you’re going to love this keto cashew chicken recipe served with cauliflower rice. Low-carb stir-fry never tasted so good.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- 1–½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (diced into 1” pieces)
- 1– ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ black pepper
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1” piece of garlic, finely minced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup snap peas
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup cashews
- In a large saute pan or wok set over medium heat, add cashews to the pan and toast until fragrant. Agitate the pan occasionally to prevent burning. When cashews are golden brown, remove from heat and place on a plate or dish.
- Add chicken to a large bowl or plate and coat with arrowroot, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon avocado oil to the saute pan or wok and heat to medium-high. Once the pan is hot, add chicken in a single layer giving each piece space to brown properly. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining avocado oil to the pan along with ginger and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then add all of your vegetables. Saute for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Return chicken to the pan with vegetables and add coconut aminos, chili paste, chicken stock, and monk fruit. Toss together and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: keto cashew chicken