The thought of making chicken tenders from scratch could feel a bit daunting at first, but you’d be surprised at just how easy it really is. Not only do you get to have one of the best finger foods of all time, but you can actually feel really good about serving this to your entire family. Kids and adults alike will go crazy for these and won’t even realize how many nutrients are packed into each and every bite.
Personally, I was actually one of those people who was under the assumption that making homemade chicken fingers was too complicated of a task for a busy weeknight meal. So many ingredients and steps and dishes, there was no chance that dinner could still be on the table in less than 30 minutes. However, the first time I attempted to make my own healthy version of this classic, I was pleasantly surprised at how simple it really is. And the best part? They are every bit as good as the fast food version, if not better!
What are Hemp Hearts Seeds?
Hemp hearts come from the cannabis sativa plant. Once shelled, they are the soft inner part of the hemp seed. They have a very mild, nutty flavor and are loaded with amazing nutritional benefits. Hemp hearts are high in essential fatty acids, are a great source of plant protein, and are a wonderful source for many vitamins and minerals.
Keto Hemp Chicken Tender Ingredients
- Chicken breasts- boneless skinless
- Hemp hearts- shelled
- Almond flour- blanched or superfine
- Eggs- large, whole eggs
- Seasonings- garlic powder, paprika, or any dried herbs
- Cooking spray- avocado oil
How to Make Keto Hemp Chicken Tenders
Separate your wet and dry ingredients into two shallow dishes. Dip each chicken tender into the egg mixture, then add to your dry ingredients to coat. Place onto baking sheet and lightly spray on avocado oil.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Keto Hemp Chicken Tender FAQs
What chicken part is best used for this recipe?
Chicken breasts or chicken thighs will work for this recipe. Slice chicken into thin even strips to ensure cooking time is the same. You could also buy premade cut chicken tenders.
Can you air fry these hemp chicken tenders?Print
Keto Hemp Chicken Tenders
Skip the fast food lines and try these healthy keto hemp chicken tenders that are easy to make, loaded with nutrients, and naturally gluten free.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast (cut into 1” strips)
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Olive oil or avocado oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a shallow medium sized dish combine almond flour, hemp hearts, garlic flakes, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Whisk to combine.
- Add eggs to a separate shallow dish and whisk well.
- Batter each chicken strip by dipping each strip in the egg, then toss in the dry mixture until well coated. Place each chicken strip on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray well with olive or avocado oil.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite dressing, no sugar added ketchup, or any dipping sauce you prefer.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 244
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: keto hemp chicken tenders