No need for those graham cracker crumbs. These fat bombs are full of coconut key lime flavor and will fit perfectly into your ketogenic meal plan.
Even if you are not the best baker in the world, fear not. All it takes is some simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time.
The main ingredients in these fat bombs include:
- Key limes or regular limes
- Coconut butter
- Almond flour
There is nothing quite like the taste of fresh citrus — but taste is not all these fat bombs have to offer. Fresh lime juice and lime zest actually provide some unique health benefits.
3 Benefits of Fresh Lime Juice and Lime Zest
#1: Increase Collagen Production
Limes and citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids, which are strong antioxidants that boost collagen production in your body.
Improve the elasticity, smoothness, and appearance of your skin by adding fresh lime juice to your diet.
#2: Reduce Acid Reflux and Heartburn
Lime juice and lime zest are acidic. These unique acids will help break down food and aid your digestion.
They will also stimulate the secretion of digestive juices, which can help with bowel activity and prevent reflux symptoms.
#3: Major Antioxidant
When it’s cold and flu season, load up on fresh lime juice. The vitamin C in it will help fight infections and strengthen your immune system.
Limes also contain magnesium and potassium, which promote heart health. Compounds found in citrus fruits called limonins may even help reduce cholesterol levels.
These coconut key lime pie fat bombs pack in a ton of fresh lime flavor, tame your sweet tooth, and boost your vitamin C intake. You’re only a few minutes away from being transported right into a tropical beach.
Tropical Coconut Key Lime Pie Fat Bombs
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 18 fat bombs 1x
- 1/2 cup key lime juice (or regular lime juice)
- 2 teaspoons key lime zest (or regular lime zest)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (melted)
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 scoops Perfect Keto Vanilla Collagen
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup stevia or keto sweetener of choice
- OPTIONAL: ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes (toasted until golden brown or plain)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend on high until smooth.
- Divide, form fat bombs, and place on a lined baking sheet, wire rack, or tray.
- Refrigerate or freeze for 20-30 minutes until set.
- Serving Size: 1 fat bomb
- Calories: 114
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 3g (Net Carbs: 1g)
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g